Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Fan Checkin' In!

Cool Joe Fan Checkin' In!

After lurking here for some time, I figured it was high time to create a user name and introduce myself.

A little about me-I'm Kim and I live in the Tampa Bay area of FL. I work my life away (6 days a wk/10+ hrs per day) and when I'm not doing that, I'm writing, roaming the interwebs, listening to podcasts or rocking out on all sorts of music. When I am at work, which is always anymore, Joe Walsh and/or the Eagles are constantly playing in my Ipod all day long. Seriously. I hear Joe at least 3x a day.

I love the Eagles and have always been partial to Joe for a variety of reasons but the main ones are that he seems cool as hell and he is smokin' hot as well as a living guitar legend. Even back in the day when he was spiralling out of control, he was still beautiful in my eyes. I also think he is a phenomenal talent as a musician.

I have a vast interest in many bands and unfortunately over the years, I had gotten away from all things Joe while I explored other musical tastes. I also am a Jeff Lynne fan and he sort of brought me back to Joe, if you can believe that.

I cannot wait for Analog Man and am pleased by all the advance press it is getting. In advance of this album's release, I decided to delve much deeper into Joe's work than I ever have and while I still don't own a lot of his solo stuff, I think I have a pretty good start. I'm discovering The James Gang now for the first time as well as Joe's Barnstorm years. And daily, my mind is blown, the more I listen to. I've become rather like a sponge when it comes to all things Joe, in particular his older stuff.

I had gotten into Joe's stuff the first time back in 1991 when I heard Ordinary Average Guy. I also bought The Confessor and Got Any Gum? and held onto those albums over the years, bringing them out for a listen every now and then. I know that some fans feel that these CDs weren't Joe's best work but at the time, they worked for me.

So, it's going to be a lot of fun hanging out here and getting to know you fine folks and to chat about Joe with others that love him as much as I do.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Joe Fan Checkin' In!

Welcome Kim!!! Besides the Eagles, you and I have something else in common. Seems we're both Mustang gals. I've had several of them also and my latest, a 2007 Screaming Yellow one!!! LOVE them!!

Hope you enjoy it here and that you dive right into the mix!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Welcome Kim!!! I'm a lifelong Eagles fan and just started getting back into them with the concerts coming back up. I've also renewed my interest in Joe and am hoping to catch one of his solo shows this year as well. Welcome to the Border and hope that you enjoy yourself as much as I have. I only joined a couple of months ago but have felt right at home immediately and every day I enjoy reading the countless threads and interacting with the other members.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Welcome, Kim!! Very glad to have you on board 'for real'! Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas as we post about our guys! As you can probably tell, my fave is Glenn, but there is no way to listen to Joe's music (or watch him perform) without smiling from ear to ear. The man is simply amazing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome to The Border MKim! Glad you found us and hope you have a good time here.

I'm a Glenn girl, but love all the other guys too. I particularly think Joe is hotter now than he was during Farewell 1. I'm thinking his new wife is having a very good effect on him these days. He just looks so healthy and classy!

I also like Mustangs. I had a silver one a few years ago. Great car!

So, carry on and enjoy all things Eagles!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hi Kim and welcome! You're definitely in the right place if you're a Joe lover! He is amazing and I can't wait for Analog Man and to hopefully see him live this summer. There are so many nice people here...I think you'll love it on the border! Again welcome!

Zelda

Glad to have you - welcome! Anyone who recognizes Joe's awesomeness will fit right in here!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Welcome, Kim - it's great to have you on board!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Welcome to the Border!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome to the Border Kim! Like Brooke, I'm a Glenn girl too! But I love Joe too and would love to see him perform live.

Have fun posting here.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP