Thread: Don Henley in Rochester Hills, MI - August 20, 2016

Default Don Henley in Rochester Hills, MI - August 20, 2016

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Don Henley in Rochester Hills, MI - August 20, 2016

Here's an article about Don's upcoming show at Rochester Hills, MI. This is the first time Don opens up more on Glenn's death since the BBC interview in February. Most interviews he's done since that February interview, he didn't want to talk about it which was understandable. He probably had to since he was playing in Glenn's hometown.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...rey-the-eagles

Out on the Border ambulance girl's Avatar

i want to go to this show, but they're saying 60% chance of rain, and i can't afford anything but lawn seats . and i may be looking at it the wrong way, but with Glenn being a (close enough to) detroit native, it would seem like the show most likely for other musician friends of his to pop up at

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Here's an article about Don's upcoming show at Rochester Hills, MI. This is the first time Don opens up more on Glenn's death since the BBC interview in February. Most interviews he's done since that February interview, he didn't want to talk about it which was understandable. He probably had to since he was playing in Glenn's hometown.

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...rey-the-eagles
    When has he ever called out songs spontaneously or just changed the setlist during a show?

His comments about Glenn were nice but the comment about 'curating' when he doesn't sing any songs Glenn sang surely just means he will continue to do what he has always done.

I would like to hope that he wanted to talk about Glenn, not that he 'probably had to'.

ambulance girl, I'd say just go for it. Don's going to have a few days of rest, which I think is good for his voice. Also, I don't know how far the lawn is from the stage, and I don't know if that venue provides large video screens to see Don up close. I understand if you'd rather not go if the seats don't provide the best sound and/or viewing if there's no video screen. I mean, I don't know what this venue looks like, so it's your call in the end. I just hope you don't have any regrets not seeing Don this time around.