Page 155 of 302 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Thanks guys. It not so much people get in the way, it's just it gives me freedom to do whatever I want. I'm not a people person at the best of times anyway!

Anyway, in other news, I was down in London today (about 200 miles from home) and I just so happened to get into the same Tube carriage as someone from another (non-Eagles) forum I'm on. He'd only met me very briefly once in the past (a long time ago!) but knew it was me not because he was sure of how I looked, but because I had an Eagles shirt on
    That's always good TLR!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

what a nice surprise TLR

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

TLR, have fun in Scotland!! Sounds like a great time. One of these days I'll get there myself.

I'm all packed up and ready to get on the road early tomorrow morning, heading to DC. We've been told through official channels that the Senator won't be at the demo, just a few of her aides, but we've also heard through non-official channels that she's planning a surprise appearance. The good news is that there are government people going now. One from IT and one from Policy, as well as a Lt. Colonel military guy. So, if she does show up, she won't be insulted by having only contractors there.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WF, hope your hips are feeling better!

s-c, enjoy your last days of freedom!

bf, hope your getting along on your foot!

tlr, enjoy your trip!

I'm baaaaaack from mine and had a wonderful time! We drove over 2300 miles round trip! We made it to Mitchell, SD the first day and toured the Corn Palace there before heading on to the Badlands! Wow, what a desolate area, but also beautiful. And hot, but definitely worth the trip! It was 95 that day!

We drove all the way across SD to Rapid City later that day and spent the night there. The next day we took a bus tour of Mt. Rushmore (awesome), Iron Mountain Road (scenic tunnels and bridges through the Black Hills), Custer State Park (saw some buffalo!), Needles Highway (strange rocky drive), and the Crazy Horse monument (work in progress). All of it was just beautiful!

Then instead of driving home the way we came we went south through Wyoming and in to Colorado. We went through Estes Park and in to the Rocky Mountain National Park. Talk about mountains! What gorgeous scenery! We drove across the Great Divide, so now I can say I've been there! Several elk crossed the road in front of us and went on up the mountain. We ate lunch at the Cafe in the Clouds, some 13,000 feet up!

All in all, I loved every minute! For me, the most awe inspiring was the Crazy Horse memorial. I can't even imagine anyone taking on such a daunting task! They have worked on it for over 60 years and just have the face done! And so dangerous! Boggles the mind!

I will post a few pics in the Every Picture thread later!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

WOW Brooke your trip sound amazing

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Welcome back Brooke. Glad you had such a wonderful holiday. It sounds awesome. I'm really looking forward it seeing some of your pics!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Welcome back Brooke. I'm rather since I'm absolutely desperate to one day visit the Rockies / Great Plains (I find them fascinating for some odd reason) but glad to hear you had a good time. Can't wait to see any photos you upload!

Welcome back, Brooke. Glad you had a good time.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Brooke, wow! I LOVE Estes Park.I spent a lot of time there in 1989 and would love to go back. Rocky Mountain National Park is where my mothernearly had a heart attack! The sign said watch for falling rocks. There was a huge boulder tumbling down the mountain onto the road right in front of us. Added way more excitement than was necessary! she said you always see the signs, but you never actually see a falling rock. Wrong!

In DC. Guy I am traveling with has never been here before. So we spent all afternoon and evening walking around the Mall. came back to Old Town Alexandria and walked forever down King Street to find a restaurant. My feet are absolutely killing me!

http://instagram.com/p/rAk6VUSCyV/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

welcome back Brooke! your trip sounds amazing! would love to see pics.
    That's A LOT of driving!

I've been to Colorado before..Estes Park is beautiful. Were you affected by the altitude at all? I felt pretty woozy from time to time..especially at the top of Pike's Peak ...Bobby actually got altitude sickness for a few days which was no fun. At the time, he thought it was food poisoning.

We loved it there..if it weren't for all the snow they get, we would consider moving there.

I'll have to look up that Crazy Horse monument..sounds intense!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...