Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I tend to lean with the band's statements is all. I cannot claim to know anything which is the safe thing to do. When I meant was in Felder's book he talks about the band trying to put an album together. They had some material I believe " I love to watch a woman dance" was one, Felder had one called "Little Latin Lover" a song Glenn liked. Some of that work was put onto LROOE. Not Felder material but other band material was. Like I also said the only record of the failed attempt to reunite before HFO in which the band put some stuff together, is a video by Felder. There is probably some stuff but the band generally wasn't think about stuff like this and I don't think they took great care with that stuff. It's probably somewhere but I;m just hesitant to call the band basically, liars
    As stated by UTW the only work from this period we know for sure went onto LROOE was I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. We have absolutely no evidence that anything else from these sessions was used. What do you think it is? Which songs?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As stated by UTW the only work from this period we know for sure went onto LROOE was I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. We have absolutely no evidence that anything else from these sessions was used. What do you think it is? Which songs?
    This is kinda getting weird because my original argument was that they generally didn’t keep material around. I know the one song was used and I assume some smaller parts were added. He doesn’t mention everything so I’m not sure. My point was that LROOE was the exception to the general rule. Sorry if i was misleading

I wish they added a live version of "Outlaw Man" to the 2nd disc. That version they played in '76 kicks butt.

Stuck on the Border

I mentioned the Jethro Tull deluxe reissues. They contain new interviews with some of the members - mostly Anderson, but some of the others were interviewed as well. On some of them there's a track-by-track commentary by Anderson. The history of every album is covered well. There's also additional stuff, like interviews with cover artists, road managers or stuff like that. Don't remember exactly who...

The reason I mention this is that I wonder if the HC deluxe reissue contains this kind of stuff. It would be amazing to read track-by-track commentary from the guys. I would love to read Don Felder talk about other tracks besides HC and VOL, for example. This would be a nice opportunity to give us information about the making of the album - other than "HC was originally in another key" or "I had just had a nice swim when these magical chords appeared." Personally I prefer the info kind of stuff to "nice-to-have" collectables like replicas of tour books.

Banned

Felder said that the title track to his last CD, Return To Forever originated in the mid 70s. I presume that it was on a cassette he presented to the rest of the band for Hotel California and/or One Of These Nights.

Hearing early Walsh bootlegs, you can hear things that became songs at a much later time. Indeed, Analog Man (2012) included part of a James Gang session with Little Richard from the late 60s that Joe had found in storage.

From memory, Timothy's song It's Alright was released long after it was written, even Henley, who has always been severely against the concept of releasing anything that wasn't supposed to be released, is rumoured to be looking to release Human Condition, a track that's been in his locker a long while.

Then there's stuff in other people's storage. Bob Halveson put Nightingale and Get Up Kate on the internet, a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGewAZ_QX10

Now you can store stuff on a hard drive, I imagine all musicians are transferring all their analog recordings to digital, and discovering some hidden gems in the process. I guess people who have discovered some Eagles booty would rather keep it under wraps rather than fall out with the litigation happy band.

I remember the owners of L&M's Eagles website offering up an obscure Falicity single to Don for him to autograph, He offered to buy it off them to take it out of circulation, if you want to hear some unfinished or obscure Eagles music, Henley is not the guy to green light it.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 10-17-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I remember the owners of L&M's Eagles website offering up an obscure Felicity single to Don for him to autograph, He offered to buy it off them to take it out of circulation, if you want to hear some unfinished or obscure Eagles music, Henley is not the guy to green light it.
    Good lord, it couldn't have been that bad. Seems like an extreme reaction on the Donald's part, and very unfortunate for fans that he feels that way about Eagles archival stuff as well. [sigh] Not that he cares.

What's this about a live version of "Outlaw Man" from 1976 though? Where can one hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Good lord, it couldn't have been that bad. Seems like an extreme reaction on the Donald's part, and very unfortunate for fans that he feels that way about Eagles archival stuff as well. [sigh] Not that he cares.

What's this about a live version of "Outlaw Man" from 1976 though? Where can one hear it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfvfcAE8ccE

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

It’s not that it’s bad it’s just Don doesn’t like having that stuff out. In his interview with billy Joel he talks about buying that stuff on eBay and such.

Well, I hope his friend at least tried to talk sense to him. One doesn't hear about Mr. Joel trying to buy up all the copies of his ill-advised hard rock album.