Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Default Re: Hotel California 40th Anniversary New CD reissue

Thank you Deliah, I like this version much more the one on Eagles Live. I like having Randy singing the harmonies. Makes it much better in my opinion

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I don’t necessarily agree with his view on it but it obviously he doesn’t feel comfortable with those things just floating out there. I can respect his feelings
    You miss my point. If it was a record which was legitimately released & purchased he cannot complain about it. It isn't a bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You miss my point. If it was a record which was legitimately released & purchased he cannot complain about it. It isn't a bootleg.
    I understood that it was sarcasm. I’m just saying I understand that he wouldn’t want it out there anymore. Different phase in his life. Obviously he doesn’t have a legal right unlike a bootleg but he is stil entitled to feel that way and I don’t think what he is doing is necessarily wrong. Though I personally wished he didn’t feel that way

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Mr "Malcontent" has every right to express his opinions, although most artists think better of criticising their own material. When asked are there any Eagles tracks that he'd like to re-record, Henley's answer was "All of them"

Maybe Henley would have preferred to re-record Hotel California material rather than release demo stuff from the past but it really isn't the right time for that.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Mr "Malcontent" has every right to express his opinions, although most artists think better of criticising their own material. When asked are there any Eagles tracks that he'd like to re-record, Henley's answer was "All of them"

Maybe Henley would have preferred to re-record Hotel California material rather than release demo stuff from the past but it really isn't the right time for that.
    It's not about expressing his opinions. It's about trying to get rid of something which he originally sanctioned & now he's embarrassed by.

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

This popped up on Facebook on the Eagles' page. It's from Billboard, first live recording of "New Kid" from October, 1976 at the Forum in LA. Audio only, but what a fantastic vocal from Glenn!

Enjoy!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ormance-stream

It must have been so cool to hear the new material before it came out. I always wish I could have the experience of a new eagles album coming and being able to listen to one as a whole and being able to find songs I loved Vs being told it’s a hit. It must have been so exciting to listen to Hotel California for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    This popped up on Facebook on the Eagles' page. It's from Billboard, first live recording of "New Kid" from October, 1976 at the Forum in LA. Audio only, but what a fantastic vocal from Glenn!

Enjoy!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ormance-stream
    Thanks for sharing Pippin, it’s an excellent performance. Glenn’s voice sounds (at least to me) to be a bit higher than say the capital centre performance. Maybe I’m just hearing things but it’s interesting to hear it a bit different

Border Rebel

This is so good! I really enjoyed it. Beautiful...Thanks Pippin!

@YEF: I listened to both live versions this morning. I think the difference is that the 1976 version may have been at the beginning of the tour, while the 1977 version was after they'd been on the road for nine months. They're playing in the same key, but a singer's voice will change timbre a little with a lot of use. In this case, you're hearing it in the 1977 version after he'd been singing it for a while, was more comfortable with how it sounded, and after that length of time on the road, was getting more into what singers call "chest voice." As opposed to "head voice," which is where most of us non-musician people sing. LOL.

Good ears!