Page 105 of 166 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    God forbid....if Don was to "leave" next, should Joe & Timothy get someone to fill his shoes and keep playing??...I don't imagine that would go over very well...I'm not saying they shouldn't keep playing, but I heard today that Vince Gill is now officially an Eagles...made want to throw up...

Sp anyone can leave the Eagles but Glenn and you will be fine with that? Am I right. It could be Glenn and a bunch of random people but they would still be the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2
    Sp anyone can leave the Eagles but Glenn and you will be fine with that? Am I right. It could be Glenn and a bunch of random people but they would still be the Eagles
    This accusation is no more true for Glennhoney than it was for the other people you flung it at yesterday.

What is it about the replies you received yesterday that do you not understand?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

[quote=New Kid In Town;358714]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Don Henley and Jackson Browne confirmed they were both estranged from Glenn Frey when he passed away in January 2016.

Dawn - You are correct. Don stated it when he gave the interview with the Washington Post in Dec. 2016 for the KCH. In that interview he indicated Jackson said the same thing to him. Don stated he had been estranged from Glenn for years and Jackson stated to Don he had too. I remember being shocked/surprised when I saw that in print.

Last interview I saw, Don vaguely mentioned filming the show so I would not be surprised to see a DVD and CD from the show.

BTW - If anyone is interested, my local Classic Radio Station here in the NY/NJ Metro area (Q104.3) will be giving away free tickets to Classic East on Monday.
    Wow, I just heard Henley say he hadn't seen. Glenn in a while. I did read an interview from Timothy right before his album release and he said, Glenn was a man of many moods, I preferred his Papa Bear mood.

I think they want to help Deacon get exposure and launch his career. I think he has a band he's played with. Hopefully, Deacon brings some of his own songs to the plate and isn't just singing all Eagles /Glenn's stuff.

I've seen Vince Gill and Amy Grant in concert and he's good. I like him. He did tell off some dude who yelled out something when he was playing a song tribute to his brother. I just don't see the need to pull in an outsider and act like it's the Eagles.

Just as it was insulting not to include Randy, Bernie, and Don F in the KCH, it would be fitting to ask Bernie, Randy and Don to at least appear and join them for a couple songs. If they can reform to carry on Glenn'S legacy and they were estranged from him...they could get over it and singing a few tunes with REAL Eagles instead of a FEAUX one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Just as it was insulting not to include Randy, Bernie, and Don F in the KCH, it would be fitting to ask Bernie, Randy and Don to at least appear and join them for a couple songs. If they can reform to carry on Glenn'S legacy and they were estranged from him...they could get over it and singing a few tunes with REAL Eagles instead of a FEAUX one.
    I've made it more than evident that I'm not happy about this, but to be fair....

It's very possible they approached Bernie and he said no. He's the kind of man who would only do it if he thought it was right.

Randy's health has to be considered.

As for Don Felder, the premise that Don's quiet estrangement from Glenn is equivalent to the virulent hostility resulting from Felder's tell-all book and lawsuit is... flawed, to put it mildly.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Soda - Amen. I know stranger things have happened, but I can't see Don F. ever getting back together with the guys. Don Henley is certainly not too crazy about him either. After all, he can barely spit out "Mr.Felder" when he talks about him. Also, to include him in this festival would, in MHO, be an insult to Glenn and his memory. And to expect poor Deacon to stand on stage with the guy who said those terrible things about his father for years and years - I don't think so. I would love to know if they asked Bernie and after hearing their plans said "Thanks but no thanks".

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Soda - Amen. I know stranger things have happened, but I can't see Don F. ever getting back together with the guys. Don Henley is certainly not too crazy about him either. After all, he can barely spit out "Mr.Felder" when he talks about him. Also, to include him in this festival would, in MHO, be an insult to Glenn and his memory. And to expect poor Deacon to stand on stage with the guy who said those terrible things about his father for years and years - I don't think so. I would love to know if they asked Bernie and after hearing their plans said "Thanks but no thanks".
    I know this is a very very small possibility. But Glenn and Felder could have contacted each other one more time before Glenn passed Like Gregg Allman(RIP) and Dickey Betts did. But I highly highly doubt it

Stuck on the Border

Hey TM - Hope you are a little less stressed today and hope your exams went well.
    Would you make up with someone who sued you, wrote a book with false accusations about you and did nothing but trash you for 14 years ? He even went so far as to mock Glenn's illnesses on twitter - which he deleted when called out on. I don't know about you, but I would never speak to them again. To expect Deacon to play on stage with Felder with that history was not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    This just keeps going around and around and around!

Honestly I thought that a lesson would have been learned by now but it appears not. Exactly how much crow will some have to eat before they finally stop trying to definitively say what the band will do or won't do, or what Frey would have wanted or not?

This is really absurd! How arrogant must one be to think that they know more about these private people than their own wife, families, and real-life friends? We have no idea what conversations Frey had or with whom before he died. Just because some do not agree with the actions of those left in the band does not give you license to pass judgement on the appropriateness of said actions. I know you love Frey but some are carrying this too far, as usual. Get a grip, people. Buy a ticket or don't.
    Seriously, you want to talk about arrogance? Where is it written the Eagles are immune to criticism from fans or anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Seriously, you want to talk about arrogance? Where is it written the Eagles are immune to criticism from fans or anyone else?
    +1 Redstorm's post was rude and condescending...

They are free to lap it up just as we are free to step away from the fountain.

We certainly have the right to say if it is appropriate or not. Not even a question.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I don't think Henley's relationship with Felder was as bad as Glenn's, but I do think that Cindy Frey would have not been on board with this, had Don tried to bring Felder back into the mix.