Page 1 of 166 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Eagles.... 3.0

Eagles and Fleetwood Mac to Headline Two 2017 Classic Rock Festivals

"Eagles and Fleetwood Mac will headline a pair of new music festivals to take place on the east and west coasts this summer.

According to Billboard, the two veteran bands will top the New York- and Los Angeles-based Classic East and Classic West concerts. While no official word has been announced on these shows, Billboard reports that they will take place at Citi Field in New York and at Dodgers Stadium in California.

Reportedly, each festival will last two days, and the organizers hope this will be an annual event. According to Billboard, “A number of big-time music companies are involved in the blockbuster concert concept including​ Azoff MSG Entertainment, Live Nation, the Oak View Group and CAA.”

More acts for these concerts will be announced later.

This will be the Eagles’ first live performance since the death of co-founder Glenn Frey in January 2015. Don Henley, the only original member left in the band these days, previously said the Eagles were*breaking up following Frey’s death. But the Eagles have broken up before,*and that didn’t stick either."

Wonder if this is actually true ??
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Out on the Border

Default Eagles.... 3.0

Pretty huge news if true....

Passing this along.....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...stival-w470067

Out on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

It's going to take more than this to make me believe it.

Representatives for Eagles and Fleetwood Mac did not immediately reply to requests for comment.
    No confirmation from Don H = I still think it's unlikely to happen.

I shudder to think what the ticket price would be.

Border Rebel

I shudder to think of this possibly being true. It's fine that the remaining members go out and play together, but to it under the Eagles moniker is just plain wrong!

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Where did this come from? And this from the Billboard article:

The classic-rock driven festival follows the success of Goldenvoice and AEG Live’s Desert Trip festival featuring the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan, Neil Young and The Who, which did gangbusters business in October 2016 -- to the tune of $160 million in gross receipts. AEG officials have not announced whether Desert Trip will return to the Empire Polo Club in Indio, Calif. in 2017.

Billboard has reached out to reps for Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles for confirmation.
    (my emphasis)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...rk-los-angeles

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I shudder to think of this possibly being true. It's fine that the remaining members go out and play together, but to it under the Eagles moniker is just plain wrong!
    Let's wait to see if it is actually going to happen before we worry too much about the morality of it.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm just stunned. I'm seeing it reported now by Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, LA Times, and other credible news sources. Never thought I'd see this headline again.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

It's being reported now not only by Rolling Stone but Entertainment Weekly, LA Times, and other credible news sources. Unless they got it wrong and it's mostly just Don and Joe with Fleetwood Mac, it sounds real and the festival is a very real thing that's happening at the MLB stadiums in New York and LA. I'm just stunned as I never thought I'd see them playing again as the Eagles after Glenn's passing.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I came here for the same reason, thinking it can't be true. But it seems to be reputable sources.