Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Tribute Bands

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Tribute Bands

Here in Liberty KY to see 7 Bridges. The band Dreamer and I tried to see in VA last summer.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I'll be seeing the Tribute Band Take It to the Limit in Branson, Missouri in November.

I've heard of that show, but never went to it because the shows I would go to is playing at the same time. I'm free on Wednesday to see another show. So I'm going to see their show. I heard their show is good.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-28-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

7 Bridges was actually pretty good. I felt bad for them, halfway through the third song, an ambulance pulled up right near the stage. I think someone beside the building with the stage or behind it must have fallen, they left the ambulance with the 'lifting boards' like they use in the NFL when someone has a neck injury, then when I saw the stretcher, the person on it was strapped tightly and in many places, including the head. Then the thing had to back out and the people in line for the deep fried moon pies and deep fried peanut butter fudge didn't seem to want to move out of the way. It was all very distracting for a few songs.

They have a different approach than our guys, they started with HT, then VOL, then LBG, if I remember correctly. Then they slowed it down a bit before picking back up. I didn't stay for the whole thing, they started very late and I had to drive 1.5 hours back.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Very cool, VA! When the Stone Eagles were together we'd almost always start with Take It Easy. Gets everyone in the right mood. Also most of the acoustic-y stuff was towards the front of the setlist. HC was always the closer.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Sounds fun VA! I saw the tribute band Heartache Tonight a few years ago. Here is a link to my post including the set list.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...7&postcount=55
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well VA - glad you got to see the band and enjoyed them in spite of the medical emergency. Sorry I couldn't be with you this time. I just checked their website to see if they are coming to Virginia anytime soon, and it turns out that they have 2 dates scheduled in October. However, they are the dates that I will be in Memphis visiting Soda and Houston Baby and preparing to see the real deal on 10/14. So while I'm disappointed that I won't be able to catch them this time around, I think I'll go ahead and stick with my original travel plans.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Glad to hear that, dreamer! Lol

VA - glad you had a good time. I would like to see a good tribute band but none seem to come around here.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

I've seen the Illegal Eagles twice now, they repeated the same tour for a good while so it was the same both times. They stuck to the tried and tested Eagles songs (basically the singles from Eagles-HFO, How Long, BOS, RWM and LBG) which is fair enough, but a part of me wishes they'd have done something more obscure, it would have been great for them to whip the odd random track from OTB or something, but it was a great two evenings none the less. The second time around they did a duet version of LWKUA, which was pretty impressive. They have a new tour now called Heaven Heats Up (I think!). Not sure what's on it but I expect more LROOE stuff at least. Aiming to see them before Christmas, but just as they've moved into Northern England on it, I've moved South

Another one I've been checking out on YouTube is the Dutch Eagles. They look really good and have a DVD out worldwide from what I can gather, 20+ songs I think, including some lesser heard tracks. Also quite cool as it's performed live in this park sort of thing with a pond between them and the audience, a really suitable environment to hear some Eagles tracks belted out

Just a few questions for seasoned tribute attenders: what's the most obscure track you've heard at a show and which band were the most prolific for delving into forgotten tracks?
    Last edited by thelastresort; 09-30-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

tlr - The only tribute band I've seen is Hotel California. They were pretty good as well. The tracks that I was surprised to hear were James Dean, Those Shoes, Glenn's Smuggler's Blues, and Joe's All Night Long (especially since this was the closer in the encore). Here is a review I wrote about the show at the time ...

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...read.php?t=322

As VA mentioned, she and I were supposed to go see 7 Bridges a couple of years ago. However, we decided not to go because of bad weather.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I would say the most obscure song Heartache Tonight did was Good Day in Hell. They also did:

James Dean
    Get Over It
    Ol 55
    Victim of Love
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.