Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Another new show alert (which I didn't know he did one too).

JD's Guest DJ show is this Friday at 7:00pm Eastern/6:00pm Central.

Bob and Jack's guest DJ shows should be coming up soon in the next few days. Probably next week.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Who sings Born to Boogie? Is It Glenn?

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Who sings Born to Boogie? Is It Glenn?
    Yes!

I had to share this story. I'm kinda paraphrasing this. I don't know if this story was ever told, but its new to me.

We know the story of Irving bumping into Timothy at a hotel. What's interesting is JD was neighbors with Timothy and JD was the one who told Timothy their was a possibility that he would get a call from either Irving or Glenn about joining the Eagles. It was a secret and JD didn't want to tell him. Of course later on Timothy got the call from Glenn and the rest is history.

Also from Timothy. He was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-14-2017 at 11:40 AM.

The songs that Timothy played.
    1. Kingston Trio: Greenback Dollar
    2. Timothy with the Beach Boys: Caroline, No
    3. The Beatles: Sun King
    4. Steely Dan: Ricky Don't Lose That Number
    5. Todd Rundgren: Pretending to Care
    6. Staple Singers: I'll Take You There
    7. I think I miss this song.
    8. AL Green: I can't get next to you
    9. Doolin dalton
    10. Tequila sunrise - Timothy kinda made a boo boo on this one. He said JD help write the song. I forgave him. LOL
    11. One of these nights
    12. The sad café
    13. Please come home for Christmas
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-14-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Wait a minute Glenn sings born to boogie??? I could have sworn that was Don. That sounds just like him in his more speaking voice

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Wait a minute Glenn sings born to boogie??? I could have sworn that was Don. That sounds just like him in his more speaking voice
    It's Glenn alright.

I wanted to make sure it was Glenn even though I had a feeling it was Glenn. They started playing that song last weekend. I had always skipped that song on the Selected Work CD and last weekend was the first time hearing their version.

They also started to play Funky New Year a lot too.

I missed Timothy’s segment! Hopefully it will air again.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I had to share this story. I'm kinda paraphrasing this. I don't know if this story was ever told, but its new to me.

We know the story of Irving bumping into Timothy at a hotel. What's interesting is JD was neighbors with Timothy and JD was the one who told Timothy their was a possibility that he would get a call from either Irving or Glenn about joining the Eagles. It was a secret and JD didn't want to tell him. Of course later on Timothy got the call from Glenn and the rest is history.

Also from Timothy. He was still married to his first wife when he joined the Eagles.
    Timothy talked about this in an interview awhile back. If I’m not mistaken, it was posted in his press thread.

I could have sworn I read he had started seeing his 2nd wife right before he joined the Eagles. I guess he and the 1st were separated by then.

Btw, Fairport Convention is one I left off the “Influences” list.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Many thanks, Shun! Al Green's version of "Can't Get Next to You" is seriously funky, and long a favorite of mine. How 'bout that, me and Timothy have something in common. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqXvIoxpQc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqXvIoxpQc[/ame]

Favorite line: "I've been trying to call you all day long, but you see I don't have your phone number honey..."