Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Bob Seger

Default Re: Bob Seger

I didn't hear about Bob's guest DJing. This is new. I haven't heard anybody said it on facebook. Maybe that article was the first time he talked about it. I just knew about Jack and Timothy having a show coming up soon.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like they were true friends!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Bob Seger talks more about Glenn. The man is a hero. He is doing Glenn proud. He mentions photos of them together. He says he did a guest spot on the Sirius channel. There is no mention of this in that thread; perhaps it hasn't been broadcast yet.

The contrast with Glenn's bandmates is staggering.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bob-s...ar-and-a-half/
    I think this is the interview that was based on:
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...very-interview
    In a way I was a lot luckier than Glenn, and I think he kind of envied me because I didn't have to deal with three or four other people. I always get to do exactly what I want, and that was maddening to him.

Bob Seger Live in Studio 94.7 WCSX

Great Interview talks about Glenn Frey performong a song in Dublin Ireland, an Old Irish Folk Song. He brought it with him to the interview askd them to play it for listeners before his tribute song to Glenn warning them it's so beautiful he might cry. Said he played it for his wife the night before and she teared up.

Said Cindy Frey told him Glenn was the love of her life and that both Cindy and Taylor have a great sense of humor. Funny story about being in the White House and Cindy saying she knows what Glenn would say ... " Uh oh, the gypsies are here hide the silverware".

It was Joe Walsh who called him and asked him to sing Heartache at the Classic.

http://wcsx.com/episodes/bob-seger-live-studio/

https://files.greatermedia.com/uploa...terview-01.mp3
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-16-2017 at 01:46 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Bob Seger talks more about Glenn. The man is a hero. He is doing Glenn proud. He mentions photos of them together. He says he did a guest spot on the Sirius channel. There is no mention of this in that thread; perhaps it hasn't been broadcast yet.

The contrast with Glenn's bandmates is staggering.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bob-s...ar-and-a-half/
    Dawn I agree - his love for Glenn shows through. He and Jack have both shown how much Glenn meant to them.
    I don't think Bob's DJing has come up yet from what I can gather.

Just heard right now on Sirius that Bob's guest DJ show is this Monday at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Just heard right now on Sirius that Bob's guest DJ show is this Monday at 6:00pm Eastern/5:00pm Central.
    Thanks Shun. I don't listen but Bob is such a great guy and has such a connection with Glenn and all the Eagles, past and present, I am sure it will be a good show.

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - Thank You for providing the link for the second interview with Bob. It was awesome ! I loved the whole 41 minutes of it. I have not yet purchased his album but hope to do so soon. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Dawn - Thank You for providing the link for the second interview with Bob. It was awesome ! I loved the whole 41 minutes of it. I have not yet purchased his album but hope to do so soon. Thanks again.
    You are most welcome NKIT, glad you enjoyed the interview. I loved his stories and really had to laugh at Cindy's joke about the gypsies and the White House. I can just imagine Glenn cracking up!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    You are most welcome NKIT, glad you enjoyed the interview. I loved his stories and really had to laugh at Cindy's joke about the gypsies and the White House. I can just imagine Glenn cracking up!
    Hi Dawn - That gypsies thing cracked me up too. I loved that Bob said that both Cindy and Taylor have a great sense of humor. I know Glenn did so I can't see him with someone who didn't have a sense of humor. Both interviews were great and I really loved them.