Page 42 of 145 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    All the more reason why it should be a separate topic. Discussing Gill here in my view amounts to an agreement that this situation exists. This thread is specifically for people who don't agree with it. If you wish to discuss Gill's contributions or performances or whatever, surely you can start a thread in the Eagles Guests forum. There you can pretend that you can discuss him without comparing him to Glenn to your heart's content. There is no point in my addressing your next post. I don't wish to involve myself. I would just be repeating myself. I will say though that it does not matter how accomplished hie is or how hard he tries. He is NOT 'up to band standards' and he never will be. Neither is he 'authentic'.

However at the end of the day this is a matter for Soda. I guess if she thinks it's OK to discuss Gill here then it is.
    Amen.

EIK, there is nothing to discuss about Gill's "contributions" to the band. He's just a temp. Him singing Lyin' Eyes is about the most "inauthentic" thing I can think of right now when it comes to this. He doesn't belong. Period. If you want to praise him on the stuff he's done for himself outside of this, go ahead. But IMO he isn't some miracle that came swooping down to save the Eagles. Spare me. He was probably shaking when they offered it to him. He's thanking his lucky stars.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Yes we have. I couldn't care less about the band now. I couldn't care less about Vince Gill in the Eagles. Only Glenn could sing a song like Lyin' Eyes under the name "Eagles" IMO. Etc. (Although I don't have a problem with anyone enjoying the band now - and no one should have a problem with me not enjoying it.)
    Exactly the same for me. If people want to enjoy Vince and Deacon, go ahead but I won't be. I couldn't care less about the band. But we have a right to not enjoy it and be ok with sharing it. Similarly, I don't have a problem with those who do.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Amen.

EIK, there is nothing to discuss about Gill's "contributions" to the band. He's just a temp. Him singing Lyin' Eyes is about the most "inauthentic" thing I can think of right now when it comes to this. He doesn't belong. Period. If you want to praise him on the stuff he's done for himself outside of this, go ahead. But IMO he isn't some miracle that came swooping down to save the Eagles. Spare me. He was probably shaking when they offered it to him. He's thanking his lucky stars.
    100% agreed. Nothing against Vince Gill, but he has nothing to do with the Eagles IMO.

Out on the Border

I’m excited about the possibility of seeing the Eagles in 2018 because I was afraid their touring was over. I will miss Glenn very much and my feeling is that one one will be able to fill his shoes.

The addition of Deacon and Vince to me isn’t an attempt to replace him, but rather a way to help celebrate his music and continue sharing it. I never met Glenn and I’ve not been able to go to so many shows as so many of you have, but I can’t help but feel that he would be happy that his music lives on no matter who is singing the lyrics.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimBFan View Post
    I’m excited about the possibility of seeing the Eagles in 2018 because I was afraid their touring was over. I will miss Glenn very much and my feeling is that one one will be able to fill his shoes.

The addition of Deacon and Vince to me isn’t an attempt to replace him, but rather a way to help celebrate his music and continue sharing it. I never met Glenn and I’ve not been able to go to so many shows as so many of you have, but I can’t help but feel that he would be happy that his music lives on no matter who is singing the lyrics.
    His music lives on in his records. It doesn't need anyone else singing it for it to live on.

In that Rolling Stone interview Henley stated that people wanted to hear 'the songs', and that it wasn't about the band members. If that is the case, see a tribute band. You won't have to spend the exorbitant sums this 'band' is currently charging.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    His music lives on in his records. It doesn't need anyone else singing it for it to live on.

In that Rolling Stone interview Henley stated that people wanted to hear 'the songs', and that it wasn't about the band members. If that is the case, see a tribute band. You won't have to spend the exorbitant sums this 'band' is currently charging.
    This thought comes to my mind every time I hear someone say that it's about the songs, not the people who sing/play them.

Out on the Border

TimBFan - Please accept my deepest sympathies on the death of your Mom. What a sweet story regarding “her Josh Groban” . I think Josh has a beautiful voice and one day hope to see him in concert. All I can say is go for everything in that bucket list ! Also, I hope you enjoy your Eagles concert next year. I'm sure no one things of you as being a snob, I don't.

PS - My next door neighbor just had knee replacement surgery. It was rough for her at first but she is now back to work and doing good.

Thank you so much for your kindness. I thought that the last few years have been tough, but being without a single living family member now feels a lot worse. The holidays are sheer hell, but it will take time and a lot of healing.

She would smile so brightly when she heard her favorite Josh and Alan songs. She had lost the cognitive skills to be able to play cds on her own but she remembered the words and would happily sing along. I miss her.

I’ve already had surgeries on each knee to shave off the bone deformities in each knee from the RA, but they’ve done all they can short of the total replacements. I dread more surgeries and I know it will mean having to go to a rehab facility and finding a caregiver for my dog. Ugh.

Sorry for your loss TimBFan.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

I wish you strength, TimBFan (pun recognized).

Border Desperado

The more that I see the obscene ticket prices for the new lineup, the more toward the 3.0 crowd I feel myself leaning.
    Continuing, that's one thing, but to charge MORE for tickets......I tell you, I am just about done. My wife and I had the discussion last night...even if they come to Knoxville, based on what prices we're seeing, we won't even think about it.
    By charging more, are you saying that Deacon Frey and Vince Gill are worth more money than Glenn? I get that they want to play. I do. I just see the math and it looks worse and worse to me.