Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
All the more reason why it should be a separate topic. Discussing Gill here in my view amounts to an agreement that this situation exists. This thread is specifically for people who don't agree with it. If you wish to discuss Gill's contributions or performances or whatever, surely you can start a thread in the Eagles Guests forum. There you can pretend that you can discuss him without comparing him to Glenn to your heart's content. There is no point in my addressing your next post. I don't wish to involve myself. I would just be repeating myself. I will say though that it does not matter how accomplished hie is or how hard he tries. He is NOT 'up to band standards' and he never will be. Neither is he 'authentic'.

However at the end of the day this is a matter for Soda. I guess if she thinks it's OK to discuss Gill here then it is.
Amen.

EIK, there is nothing to discuss about Gill's "contributions" to the band. He's just a temp. Him singing Lyin' Eyes is about the most "inauthentic" thing I can think of right now when it comes to this. He doesn't belong. Period. If you want to praise him on the stuff he's done for himself outside of this, go ahead. But IMO he isn't some miracle that came swooping down to save the Eagles. Spare me. He was probably shaking when they offered it to him. He's thanking his lucky stars.