Page 175 of 195 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I remembered UTW saying that. That's probably why I didn't post it when I first saw it weeks ago. I really didn't know it was a gossip website. I read just the article, but I didn't read any of the comments. When I saw the new stuff, I was more like please don't let this be true. Then after getting more and more info about the website from everybody, I still see why I didn't post the article. The only reason I didn't post it for the first time was because it was old news.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'll be dipped: today there's an article in the Daily Mail about that blog site, saying it exposed the dastardly doings of Harvey Weinstein and Matt Lauer long before anyone else:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html

The Daily Beast is also commenting specifically on the "Rocker" blind item, which is said to be the most popular on the blog, and - calling all lawyers - they're linking it with Henley. Wouldn't wanna be ya, Daily Beast writer. https://www.thedailybeast.com/whos-n...fore-the-media
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 12-05-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I'll be dipped: today there's an article in the Daily Mail about that blog site, saying it exposed the dastardly doings of Harvey Weinstein and Matt Lauer long before anyone else:

The Daily Beast is also commenting specifically on the "Rocker" blind item, which is said to be the most popular on the blog, and - calling all lawyers - they're linking it with Henley. Wouldn't wanna be ya, Daily Beast writer. https://www.thedailybeast.com/whos-n...fore-the-media
    Well at this point I have to take this more seriously than before. I have my doubts but this isn’t exactly some nobody making claims. They are credible. We’ll just have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

I have a few questions about this. First, why wait until 2018? Second, all the exposures and accusations are new information. This blind item supposedly about Don is, like Shun said, old news. Why is it being talked about now? Don was convicted and punished already. The whole thing sound fishy to me.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Well at this point I have to take this more seriously than before. I have my doubts but this isn’t exactly some nobody making claims. They are credible. We’ll just have to wait and see
    Um, I would have to disagree. The fact that a lawyer who wishes to remain anonymous, refers to him/herself as Enty Lawyer and is only speaking to an unreliable source makes this all the more dubious imo. What reputable attorney would make sure their secret case is leaked to trash like The Daily Mail and The Daily Beast? And isn't the timing convenient?

The sad thing is that if Henley or someone else is guilty of assaulting this woman, this opportunistic clown, Enty Lawyer, is only discrediting her.

I can't believe people still read this crap. It's like those cheesy National Inquirer magazine commercials used to say. " Inquiring minds want to know". Meaning, nosy people who are too lazy to fact check and like to spread gossip, buy this.

I saw this on facebook in another group. How nice of Don.

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/12/26...laurel-canyon/

Government agencies, neighborhood special events, resident and community donations, philanthropic support, and even gifts from some of Laurel Canyon’s storied former residents helped complete the purchase.

Eagles leader Don Henley made a $100,000 donation in memory of his friend and collaborator — and fellow former Laurel Canyon resident — Glenn Frey. “I greatly appreciate your efforts to preserve the rare undeveloped lands that remain in the Laurel Canyon area,” Henley said. “These resources are precious, both in terms of wildlife habitat, and in terms of the human history that resides there.”
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-26-2017 at 08:13 PM.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

A very generous donation and what a nice touch to make it in Glenn's memory.

That is sweet of Don to make the donation in Glenn's name and it goes to a great cause. I'm sure it would have meant a lot to Glenn. Plus, they used a great picture of both Don and Glenn in the article.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Kudos to Don - that was a very kind gesture to make the donation in Glenn's name. I'd bet that some of Don and Glenn's best times together were in the early days in Laurel Canyon. It was cool for me to look at the Laurel Canyon map since I have visited there several times now and know exactly where this property is located.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016