Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The OP supports the current lineup & I believe was being extremely sarcastic. It was a rhetorical question. She wants those of you who support this to reply ' no! Of course they're not'!
    We are having a perfectly nice, respectful thread, with multiple views on ticket prices being put forth from different generations, countries, concert experiences, etc... THAT is what I wanted. Why do you have to be like this?

I just heard on NPR that the National Park Service is considering raising the entrance fee for cars in 2018 from $25 to $70 to visit our public national parks. Now THAT is something I consider unfair to those who can't afford it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    We are having a perfectly nice, respectful thread, with multiple views on ticket prices being put forth from different generations, countries, concert experiences, etc... THAT is what I wanted. Why do you have to be like this?

I just heard on NPR that the National Park Service is considering raising the entrance fee for cars in 2018 from $25 to $70 to visit our public national parks. Now THAT is something I consider unfair to those who can't afford it.
    I'm not being 'like anything'. You made the sarcastic comment in your first post. You obviously wanted to have a dig at those of us who are against it.

Don't worry, I will now stay out of it, but perhaps you should look at the 3.0 thread again & see how frustrated people on the other side are at the way that thread has been hijacked on numerous occasions.

Stuck on the Border

I can understand Freypower's view on this. There are some bits already in the original post that seem to be suggesting that some of us are being silly. When I read the following bits I felt like they were written with "us" in mind:

Are Don, Tim and Joe money-grubbing greedy thieving fan-haters?

AND:

I decided not to go because it was more than I wanted to spend, but I didn't harbor any animosity towards the ballet.

The first one is so strongly put that I can't help but feeling it's designed to make people go "NO!", like Freypower said. That's probably why I read the second one that way too. The rest I have no problem with. IMO the question in the original post could have been less...exaggerated - especially the "fan-haters". Now it's like a straw man version of what some of "us" have said. In other words, "our" words have been twisted into something so ridiculous that it's impossible to agree with it.

Other than that, I think it's good to have a separate thread for this and it's been an interesting read.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-20-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

FP - nobody is asking you to stay out of this thread - all views on the topic are welcome here, yours included. I'm just personally asking you not to be so negative about ME.

Chaim - I created this thread because there are so many posts about ticket prices and how unfair they are in 3.0, but I'm not going to debate in there. I do think it's a valid topic, though, for everyone to chime in on. Sorry you didn't like the way I phrased the original post. My view is clear - I think concert tickets are a luxury that people don't have a "right" to.

I actually thought this thread was going pretty well.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    FP - nobody is asking you to stay out of this thread - all views on the topic are welcome here, yours included. I'm just personally asking you not to be so negative about ME.

Chaim - I created this thread because there are so many posts about ticket prices and how unfair they are in 3.0, but I'm not going to debate in there. I do think it's a valid topic, though, for everyone to chime in on. Sorry you didn't like the way I phrased the original post. My view is clear - I think concert tickets are a luxury that people don't have a "right" to.

I actually thought this thread was going pretty well.
    I think so too, so I won't ruin the thread by continuing this. I only said that I can understand why Freypower feels how she feels - how it can be taken that way

I think that Chaim and FP are right about this being a bit of a strawman though Mary still had a good thread going and I think outside of the strawman, she made good points.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Delilah - Yeah, they tore down the Spectrum in Nov.2009. I forget the name of the new facility. I saw Elton there too.
    I wonder what ticket prices are for the “Evening With the Eagles”. They have not scheduled anything here in the NY/NJ Metro area. I assume it is because they did the Classic East at Citi Field.

Dawn - Wow, you sure saw some great concerts back then ! I would have loved to see some of those people/groups in concert. Lucky you. Delilah is right, I sure would love to hear a review of those shows if you can remember them, I know it was a long time ago.

PS - Sorry for the typing errors earlier, I was trying to hurry up and get my two cents in before I had to catch my train.
    I'm going to one of the "Evening with the Eagles" dates in New Orleans. With all the extra fees added in (plus ticket insurance), my price came to about $250-260. It is in the range of other acts I've seen at the Smoothie King Center. Granted SKC is one of the smaller venues they are playing at. I'm sure the tickets would be priced higher if they were playing the Superdome.
    "You only live forever in the lights you make....you only hear the music when your heart begins to break."

Border Rebel

Delilah--Of course the things you listed, food, clothing, housing, etc. were cheaper back then than they are now, but the increase in prices now are due mainly to inflation. My larger point was that in the 70's concerts were not the big events that they are now. They were just an activity that you did with friends, much like going to a movie, just a step above. Seeing a concert then didn't involve using your dad's credit card. I always had $5-$10 sitting around from babysitting jobs and could buy a concert ticket. I think prices exploded in 1994 with the Eagles leading the pack at the time. And yes, I think they counted on us boomers financing these big events. Personally, I had 3 young kids at the time and couldn't or wouldn't buy a ticket to see my middle aged band. I think society at large is now much more willing to pay more money for entertainment than we did in the seventies. People didn't fly across the country or continents to see a concert. There were no VIP packages then. Reserved seating at concerts were generally two price ranges, one for floor and one for the other higher up seats. The person in the front row didn't pay any more than the guy in the last row on the floor. It mattered more when and where you bought your ticket.

So fast forward about four decades. Yes, I think ticket prices are quite high, but I paid to see my no longer middle aged band perform in Louisville in 2017 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    I'm going to one of the "Evening with the Eagles" dates in New Orleans. With all the extra fees added in (plus ticket insurance), my price came to about $250-260. It is in the range of other acts I've seen at the Smoothie King Center. Granted SKC is one of the smaller venues they are playing at. I'm sure the tickets would be priced higher if they were playing the Superdome.
    I’ve seen a couple say that ticket prices were higher for stadiums but wouldn’t they be cheaper? With that many more seats there would be less competition to get in. Is there any numbers on this?

i think what fans want is affordable luxury. To be able to buy a ticket in their price range and experience a live concert from a seat that isn't in the next zip code.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016