Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vocal moments that make you weak in the knees

Default Vocal moments that make you weak in the knees

I’m sure I’m not the only one here who thinks that Don’s voice is the sexiest voice in the music industry. I bet we all have our favorite moments in songs when that voice (not necessarily the lyrics) just makes us sigh, melt, get weak in the knees, whatever… Here are some of those moments for me. These are just the ones I can think of right now; rest assured, there are many, many more.

One of These Nights – “We’re gonna find one - (breath intake) - Mmmmm, one that really screams.” (I love that little breath and the mmmmm part.)
    Also from OOTN – “Whoa-ooh-whoa-ooh-whoa-ooh”

After the Thrill is Gone – “Any kind of love without passion, Well, that ain’t no kind of lovin’ at all.”

Hotel California – “…she got the Mercedes bends…uuhh”
    “Such a lovely face” in the second “Welcome to the Hotel California…” refrain.

Life in the Fast Lane – “Are you with me so far?” The second, deeper “Everything, all the time.” Anytime he follows “Life in the fast lane” with a little “yeah” or “uh”
    (Okay, so I like when he moans and grunts in his songs. )

Wasted Time – “You just loved the boy too well.” (I love how he goes high on “loved.”)

The Last Resort – “And in the name of God” “Kiss it goodbye.” (I love how he goes higher and higher on “goodbye.”)

New Kid in Town – I know it’s Glenn’s song, but…I love listening to Don’s harmonies in this song. And, (surprise, surprise) I like his “Ohhhhh” before the second “Johnny-come-lately” refrain.

How Long – “The muddy river runs so deep”

What Do I Do With My Heart – “When I’m still missing you…”

Waiting in the Weeds – Okay, basically the whole damn song, but especially, “And he’s the darling of the chic. The flavor of the week is melting down your pretty summer dress…”

Whoa! I better stop with the Eagles’ tunes and move on to his solo stuff:

Boys of Summer – “Remember how I made you scream?” (Uh, no, but I can imagine…)

Not Enough Love in the World – My sig says it all.

Sunset Grill – “Don’t worry girl, I’m gonna stick by you. And someday soon we’re gonna get in the car and get outa here.” (My bags are packed, Don. I’m ready when you are!)

Last Worthless Evening – “And it just breaks my heart to see you here this way. Someday I’ll get the nerve to walk up to you and say…” (Say no more, Don. I'm yours!)

I Will Not Go Quietly – Everyone’s favorite line: “I wanna wrap my lovin’ arms around the small of your back, yeah, and I’m gonna pull you, pull you, pull you, pull you right up close to me.” (Again, ready when you are.)

Nobody’s Business – “What a price for a victimless crime”

Talking to the Moon – “And never change at all. I – WAS – JUST – TALKING – to the moon…”

Okay, I’ve got to stop before my brain explodes from Henley overload!

What are some of your favorite vocal moments?
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Default Re: Vocal moments that make you weak in the knees

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    (Okay, so I like when he moans and grunts in his songs. )
    You're not the only one!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Vocal moments that make you weak in the knees

Quote Originally Posted by katherine5832
    One of These Nights – “We’re gonna find one - (breath intake) - Mmmmm, one that really screams.” (I love that little breath and the mmmmm part.)
    Also from OOTN – “Whoa-ooh-whoa-ooh-whoa-ooh”

Hotel California – “…she got the Mercedes bends…uuhh”

Waiting in the Weeds – Okay, basically the whole damn song, but especially, “And he’s the darling of the chic. The flavor of the week is melting down your pretty summer dress…”

Boys of Summer – “Remember how I made you scream?” (Uh, no, but I can imagine…)

Talking to the Moon – “And never change at all. I – WAS – JUST – TALKING – to the moon…”
    All of the above moments - especially the last one - YES!

I also wanted to add:

Lilah - "The taste of your mouth, the smell of the perfume on your wrist..."

Leather and Lace - the whole verse!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Katherine, I am absolutely with you--Don DOES have the sexiest voice in the music industry! You have already listed a number of my favorite moments! A few I completely agree on:

Boys of Summer – “Remember how I made you scream?” Uh, no, but I can imagine… (That's makes two of us.)

IWNGQ--wrap your lovin’ arms around the small of MY back, too!

I also love the sharp intake of breath in OOTN.

I love when he sings "I'm still missing you," on WDIDWMH. (As a matter of fact, I have already posted elsewhere that I would love to hear him sing this entire song. )

ALL of Talking to the Moon makes me melt. (See my sig line.)

A few others:

Come Rain or Come Shine on Unplugged, every time he sings "I'm gonna love you, like no one loves you...." <sigh>

Funky New Year---the first sexy groan--"Ughhhhhh"--at the beginning of the song, and the end when he says "Whose shoes are these?" (Mine?)

My Thanksgiving--"The last time I saw you we were playing with fire--we were loaded with passion and a burning desire," "For every moment of joy, every hour of fear--every winding road that brought me here ....for everyone who helped me start and for everything that broke my heart."

You Don't Know Me At All- "You should've killed me, because you always looked so good in black" (so do YOU, Don) and "If you think I'm gonna get down and crawl...."

Leather and Lace--"You in the moonlight, with your sleepy eyes, could you ever love a man like me?" (Uuhh--YES!)

Lilah--"The taste of your mouth, the smell of perfume on your wrist."

Miss Ghost--"Floating from my bedroom came a moaning and a sigh," "I commence to trembling when I think of all the things we did." and when he whispers "what dirty tricks the mind can play...so many things lie buried deep and baby, they should stay that way."

The Genie--"Is this what you wanted? Did you even think twice? Didn't they tell you that anything that feels this good comes with a price?"

More to come later....

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I love when he sings "I'm still missing you," on WDIDWMH. (As a matter of fact, I have already posted elsewhere that I would love to hear him sing this entire song. )
    I am so with you there! I actually feel ripped off that he doesn't get more lead lyrics on this song. Don't get me wrong, Glenn sounds great too. But I want this to be a Don song, dammit!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yep, Don certainly does have a very sexy voice. It can definitely make me melt.

I think you guys have listed all the best parts and the one at the top of my list is the air intake in OOTN!

Gets me every time!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Two more:

New York Minute--when he sings, almost in a whisper "One day they're here, next day they're gone."

And the opposite, from Get Over It, when he comes back to the mic at the very end of the song and yells "GET OVER IT!" The first time I listened to that song, I thought that was Glenn's voice at the end. I laughed when I saw the video and realized it was actually Don.

Well I finally heard "Miss Ghost" and holy crap.....the ENTIRE THING is sexy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Well I finally heard "Miss Ghost" and holy crap.....the ENTIRE THING is sexy!!!
    Isn't it? It gets me every time.

It is! There's this part that I love near the end.....when he sings "here's to seeing through you....." and I don't know if he does a "ooooo" or an "mmmhmmmm.....miss ghost" but I just love it! And then the whispers at the end "Miss Ghost." Oh forget it.....it's just the entire song like I said