Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: 2017 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees

I'm hearing that Geddy Lee will play bass for Yes at the Friday night ceremony. Yes, as you know, lost their founder/bassist/composer/sublime harmony vocalist Chris Squire to leukemia in 2015.

Their are some rumors that Steve Perry might be there tomorrow. I hope so. I saw a video of him at a game early this week and he was lip syncing to Lights. He might actually was singing, but of course you can't hear him if he's in the crowd. It was soo funny, but cute. I think the team was the San Francisco Giants.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, I have read that Steve Perry will be there to accept the award but will not be singing with Journey, which is a shame... I keep hoping once he is there he will change his mind.

I have also heard he attends a lot of the San Francisco Giants baseball games and sings in the crowd. How cool would that be to be attending a game with Steve Perry.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Has it ever been revealed why Mr. Perry seemingly quit the music business and became the mysterious Howard Hughes of Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Has it ever been revealed why Mr. Perry seemingly quit the music business and became the mysterious Howard Hughes of Rock?
    Not that I am aware of. But my daughter would know best; she knows everything there is about Steve Perry (she says).

Do we know for sure that Steve Perry won't be performing? Hopefully he will even though it's been many years since he's last sung in public.

I read Neil Young won't be inducting Pearl Jam due to illness. David Letterman is taking his place.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Steve have sang in public a few times in the last 2 years. I've seen videos. His voice is not the same. He can't hit those famous high notes, but he still sounded good.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've heard that too about Steve being there tomorrow. As a fellow Giants fan he is at the games a lot and actually participated in their parades when they won the World Series.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I'm hearing that Geddy Lee will play bass for Yes at the Friday night ceremony. Yes, as you know, lost their founder/bassist/composer/sublime harmony vocalist Chris Squire to leukemia in 2015.
    I had read that Lee and Yes had been instructed that Lee was there to honour but not perform with them, but hopefully as your post alludes to this has been reversed. How I truly abhor this awful institution.

I read Journey don't mind performing with Steve, I think its Steve who doesn't want to. They knew he probably wouldn't do it.