Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trump's Inauguration

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Trump's Inauguration

I've voiced my opinion about Trump before but I really wish Joe Biden would've ran. It might've been a whole different situation and I still think my governor John Kasich should've been the Republican nominee. I'm actually an Independent as I hate the whole party system and my views actually fit with either side depending on the issue but we should've had other people run and maybe in four years we'll have a different story as I already think Trump won't be reelected.

But getting the thread back to the original topic so far those confirmed to perform are Jackie Evancho (the girl I posted about before but didn't have her name), the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (but one member quit because of them agreeing), the Radio City Rockettes (but those who don't want to go don't have to), and the Beach Boys have been asked but as far as I've seen haven't decided if they will or not.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

YES Biden would have been a good option

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    But getting the thread back to the original topic so far those confirmed to perform are Jackie Evancho (the girl I posted about before but didn't have her name), the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (but one member quit because of them agreeing), the Radio City Rockettes (but those who don't want to go don't have to), and the Beach Boys have been asked but as far as I've seen haven't decided if they will or not.
    Tony Orlando and Lee Greenwood will be performing too.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I saw that too and also Toby Keith.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I also heard Sam Moore (Sam & Dave) will performed too.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I love Sam Moore, and he's a hometown (Miamah) boy too.

One thing I puzzle over is the significance of the music that Donald Trump or his peeps choose. Like last night, Donald and Melania made their entrance to the Rolling Stone's "Heart of Stone" - what the heck are we to make of that?! It's a great song, but the message (don't count on me because I'm a real bastardo)

Like the campaign theme song, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" - I appreciate the humor of that choice, but presidential campaigns are not usually known for their wry, ironic statements.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    One thing I puzzle over is the significance of the music that Donald Trump or his peeps choose. Like last night, Donald and Melania made their entrance to the Rolling Stone's "Heart of Stone" - what the heck are we to make of that?! It's a great song, but the message (don't count on me because I'm a real bastardo)

Like the campaign theme song, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" - I appreciate the humor of that choice, but presidential campaigns are not usually known for their wry, ironic statements.
    I think YCAGWYW during the campaign was just being a jerk and snide towards the Hillary campaign. I think it was just rubbing it our faces. He thought he was the "need" in that song, and he's very mistaken IMO. It's like the gloating memes some of his supporters have posted since the election basically going "Nanananabooboo we won". Very, very childish. I can tell you that if HRC had won that wouldn't have been happening. We'd be getting to the task at hand and try to forget the nightmare that was this election. We wouldn't be gloating on social.

The choice of HOS during the inauguration I find very ironic. He does have a stone cold heart, but I didn't think he'd be gloating about that, I was wrong. I think there is a fine line between confidence and arrogant, ego-driven narcissism and he is way over that line. But again, I didn't think he'd boast about that.

As far as who performed, I can't say I'm surprised but I'm surprised his buddy Ted didn't show up. Toby Keith didn't surprise me, after what he did with the Dixie Chicks...I was surprised Travis Tritt and Kid Rock were not there. I actually like some of Nugent's, Tritt's, and Rock's music, but am not fans of them personally and it has dampened my appreciation for their art. I caught the videos after the inauguration I turned off the news and didn't watch it or the event today. Just too depressing for me. It's like watching a funeral, but that's just my opinion. Sad.

If he wanted to play a Stones song, he should have went for "No Expectations".
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 01-20-2017 at 11:24 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Many dazzling performers sang at President Trump’s inauguration. I recommend checking out this article to see some of their incredible performances: https://valoso.com/blog/best-moments...-inauguration/

The complete list of singers at Trump’s presidential inauguration and balls is as follows:
    • Jackie Evancho
    • The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
    • The Piano Guys
    • Lee Greenwood
    • 3 Doors Down
    • Lexi Walker
    • The Frontmen of Country
    • Sam Moore
    • Toby Keith
    • Erin Boheme
    • Tim Rushlow & His Big Band
    • Chrisette Michele
    • Travis Greene
    • Tony Orlando
    • Big & Rich

Other entertainers, such as the Radio City Rockettes and DJ Ravidrums performed at the inaugural. Overall, the inaugural performances were phenomenal and definitely worth rewatching online.

I hope this answers your question!

Quote Originally Posted by brennac View Post
    Many dazzling performers sang at President Trump’s inauguration. I recommend checking out this article to see some of their incredible performances: https://valoso.com/blog/best-moments...-inauguration/

The complete list of singers at Trump’s presidential inauguration and balls is as follows:
    • Jackie Evancho
    • The Mormon Tabernacle Choir
    • The Piano Guys
    • Lee Greenwood
    • 3 Doors Down
    • Lexi Walker
    • The Frontmen of Country
    • Sam Moore
    • Toby Keith
    • Erin Boheme
    • Tim Rushlow & His Big Band
    • Chrisette Michele
    • Travis Greene
    • Tony Orlando
    • Big & Rich

Other entertainers, such as the Radio City Rockettes and DJ Ravidrums performed at the inaugural. Overall, the inaugural performances were phenomenal and definitely worth rewatching online.

I hope this answers your question!
    Sounds great