Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will they play again?

Default Re: Will they play again?

Henley said this on Aug 2/16:

But Henley does take special care when it comes to the Eagles canon. Henley has referred to The Eagles, whose last studio album, the Grammy-winning Long Road Out of Eden, was released in 2007, as “the mothership” that afforded him the opportunity to go on solo flights to perform his own music. With the tragic death in January of bandmate Glenn Frey, with whom Henley cowrote some of the band’s most enduring songs, including “Desperado,” “Lyin’ Eyes,” and “Tequila Sunrise,” Henley does not foresee the surviving members of the band continuing to perform as The Eagles. Accompanied by Jackson Browne, they played at the Grammy Awards in March in tribute to Frey, and it was most likely the band’s final performance. When asked if he could imagine a reunion to mark the band’s 50th anniversary, à la the Grateful Dead, Henley responded with an unequivocal “no.”
    Link to full article: http://backstage.ravinia.org/all/201...e-and-hea.html

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The Eagles were never the same again after Bernie left then after Randy and even after Felder left. As thelastresort said some fans are adamant that it wasn't the Eagles without Felder.

The only thing that is for certain is that the Eagles cannot play with Glenn again... well not in this world.

Well, thanks for that.

I guess if you think the co-founder, co- chief songwriter & co-lead singer of a band dies & they could continue without anyone noticing, then there is really nothing left to say.

There is no 'Eagles' any more.
    Last edited by Freypower; 08-18-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I can't envision any scenario in which Joe and Tim ever play with Felder. Why would they? Money? Touring success? They really like him? Nah.
    For old times' sake or to recapture the magic, maybe? I can see Timothy not being invested but Felder and Joe go back a long way, even before Joe became an Eagle. It would certainly create a lot of buzz if they decided to do something together. There are still fans who would like to see it happen.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    For old times' sake or to recapture the magic, maybe? I can see Timothy not being invested but Felder and Joe go back a long way, even before Joe became an Eagle. It would certainly create a lot of buzz if they decided to do something together. There are still fans who would like to see it happen.
    I don't believe Walsh and Felder go back further than the Eagles. Joe was working with Frey, Henley and Miesner, before he teamed up with Felder, on Dan Fogelberg's Souvenirs and his own So What albums. They shared Azoff and Szymczyk too.

Felder played on Joe's pre-Eagles live album, You Can't Argue with A Sick Mind but so did Henley and Frey. Since learning that later collaborations between the two, Told You So and Rivers (Of The Hidden Funk) were The Long Run rejects, I now also believe that At The Station and maybe even Second Hand Store were earlier Eagles rejects too. Joey Murcia was the second guitarist on But Seriously Folks! rather than Felder. They played together on a couple of Joe Vitale tracks too but Vitale was also under the Eagles wing at the time.

If you list the musicians that Walsh has worked with over the duration of his career, it's debatable whether Felder would make the top 50 artists.

I'd say I'm open to Joe working with anyone in the future, Felder's better than nothing but there are so many better options.

I'm just pondering what a Felder/Walsh set list would be now

Border Desperado

Walsh and Felder played together on Don Kirshner's show several times before Joe was in the Eagles.

My ultimate vision would be all six remaining Eagles get together and do some shows, but what I would probably enjoy just as much is the reunion of Felder and Walsh on stage together.

I am one of many who think some of the most memorable moments of Eagles history were the amazing guitar match ups of Don and Joe. Not only did they push each other to be the best, they also looked like they were having so dang much fun, and I miss that.

Also, side note: I don't understand why there are some posters who speak so Ill of Don Felder. I have some views of certain things that went down in the band, but I respect all 7 Eagles for what they bought to the game, and I'm not going to put any of them down. If you don't appreciate Felder, You'd need to cut out a good chunk of Eagles music that Felder played lead guitar on, wrote music and guitar solos for, (not to mention radiated his sexiness on the stage. ) That band would never have been the same without him, just like it wouldn't have been the same without any of the other six Eagles. It would be nice to celebrate them all or at least just cut Felder some slack and hold up on the digs, please.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well, thanks for that.

I guess if you think the co-founder, co- chief songwriter & co-lead singer of a band dies & they could continue without anyone noticing, then there is really nothing left to say.

There is no 'Eagles' any more.
    I don't think that anyone was talking about 'without anyone noticing' or continuing on as if it was business as usual. However, if Don H thought it appropriate, then one-off performances would not be unreasonable IMHO. However, I'm pretty sure that Don H doesn't want to.

Remember that things can change. 'Hell Freezes Over' was named for a reason.

My prediction is that Eagles will never play again.

Stuck on the Border

I wouldn't be surprised to see some combination of Henley, Joe, Timothy and Bernie playing together, with a Henley-Walsh tour seeming the most likely.

I don't see any of them playing with Felder unless they were to break with Azoff and give up on working with Henley in the future.

Joe has spoken about how much he enjoys playing with and off Waddy Watchel on his current tour. Maybe he's looking for a similar challenge to working with Felder without the hassles. Any comments about this pairing from those who love duelling guitars?

Azoff managed both Joe and the Eagles. I've read that having members of the Eagles play and sing with Joe was part of the preparation for Joe eventually joining the Eagles.

The latest from Don Henley link:
    I’m speaking of us in the past tense now, because we don’t exist anymore, with Glenn Frey’s untimely passing.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 08-20-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Border Desperado

My Vision of an "Eagles Celebration" would be the remaining members who are able, (I know Randy has had some health issues) do a scaled down set, Just those guys, no additional back ups. Play their leads, and when it comes to Glenn's leads, have a few close and special friends honor him with lead performances, such as Jackson Browne, J.D. Souther, Bob Seger, etc.
    I admit, I have had different opinions, seemingly monthly, on how something like this should or could be accomplished.
    This though is one I keep coming back to. Simple, honoring to Glenn, and also giving the fans a little taste of the Eagles. Even if it were for just a one time special.

I'm not sure I see any of the remaining guys touring as an act. Maybe together, separate sets, then doing a few Eagles tracks in encore.

I could have however, seen Don and Glenn doing a "Plant and Paige" type deal had the Eagles not kept touring after HFO.

Stuck on the Border

Hmm...
    MG: Could you see yourself in a situation where those songs are performed again, whether it’s you and Timothy B. Schmit and Joe Walsh working with Jackson Browne on a one-off like you did at the Grammys, or something else?
    DH:(Pauses) At some point in the future, we might work our way around to that. You know, Glenn has a son who can sing and play quite well. And one of the only things that would make sense to me is if it were his son. With Jackson, of course, we could do Take It Easy and a couple other things, but the only way I would consider any kind of reunion, I think, would be with Glenn’s son, Deacon. But there have been no discussions along those lines, and we’re still going through the healing process — trying to get through all this. And those are things that might happen somewhere down the road. But right now, everybody’s doing the solo thing. Timothy’s got a new album coming out, and Joe has been on the road in conjunction with Bad Company. And I think Timothy plans to go on the road. So we’re all just doing our thing.
    http://montrealgazette.com/entertain...-of-glenn-frey

Banned

"Nepotism Incorporated" 2009

Jet Airliner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8xeQWBZL4U

Hotel California
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB2_71tIOMw

Gemma Corfield has posted the whole set; https://www.youtube.com/user/gemmaco...lf_id=1&view=0