Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: What was the first CD you ever bought?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Molly! Sorry I haven't been on for a while. Kids are on midterm and am marking exams as well. So this is the first chance I've had in several days. The best thing about the marking is that I put on the ipod to drown out other noise, select one of Glenns albums, put my Eagles slide show (well its really a Glenn slide show) on my laptop and emerge about 4 hours later (thats about 2am) for coffee. Thus I'm usually in a good mood and so award better marks. I got a paper from a student called Glenn to mark one day last week. Lets just say he got a substantially higher level of 'benefit of the doubt' marks and no doubt a higher grade than he may have expected :P
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, that last post just made me laugh out loud! Sounds like you have exam marking down to a t! And by the way congratulations to you and RG for training your daughters so well. It's great that a whole new generation are growing up to enjoy the Eagles.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Gimme Some Neck by Ron Wood
    "I've gazed into the abyss and the abyss gazed into me, and neither of us liked what we saw." Brother Theodore

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Default Re: What was the first CD you ever bought?

LOL I still remember, I got the soundtrack to Braveheart. That was my first c.d. I didn't know why, but I had to have it. LOL.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Actually, my first CD purchase was Hotel California. I made sure that was the first one I ever got !!

Out on the Border tjrrockandrollmaster's Avatar

The answer is very simple. August 2, 1991 at Service Merchandise I buy my irst CD player which ran me $160 (which was an AM/FM cassette/CD player from Sanyo) then to Strawberries in Brockton and I put $15 down for

a week later it was

Now have over 200 plus legitimate and 100 dubs from LP or cassette and more via bootleg/radio shows.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

I got a stereo with a vertically mounted cd drawer (?!) for HS graduation in the spring of 1990...I went out and got the soundtrack to the movie Bird...it's long gone, should have kept it, I suppose...

TJ...Service Merchandise? I miss that chain!! I even worked at their catalog center taking calls for about a year in between grad school stints...hence most of my old apartment furniture came from there (w/emp. discount)...

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjrrockandrollmaster View Post
    a week later it was

MOVING PICTURES <333

I think the first CD I received was Madonna's Immaculate Collection. The first one I bought was Rod Stewart's Vagabond Heart.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

My first two CDs were allegedly bought in March 1990 and were 'Live on Broadway' by Barry Manilow, and the London cast recording of 'Miss Saigon'.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm resurrecting this because its the first post I ever made on the Border. And because I joined the Border 10 years ago today, because this was the thread I wanted to answer in!! Although it took me a few days to get posting!!

What an amazing 10 years I have had on here, made so many friends both virtual, and then as I started to go to some shows, real friends that I have physically met. I've attended chat parties, celebrated weddings, births and academic achievements of Borderers and their families.

And of course you guys have been here for all the sad times. The passing of family members, friends of Borderers, Borderers themselves (Bad Kitty and Rhonda) and of course Glenn

Once again I can't say how grateful I am that one day someone called Soda decided to make a website dedicated to Glenn , then opened up the message board to fans everywhere, and kept expanding it to be the best Eagles website in the world!

Thanks guys - Its been a great 10 years. Hope I have another 10!!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Believe it or not my first CD was also BIA in 1989 when I got my first CD player. I was a student at the time and could hardly afford CDs not to mind a player, but a friend had pity on me and managed to get onewholesale! The player still works reasonably well (although some highly decorated discs wont play), although I tend to just ipod now anyway. I also have a lot of 80's cd compilations, and must have several versions of The Heat Is On. I

Interesting interlude: was coming out of the swimming pool today with my 5 year old daughter. Take it to the Limit was playing in the background. I told her to come on out to the car, to which she replied "lets wait till the credit card song is over Mammy" Two guys coming out behind us had a great laugh
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP