Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's a wonderful interview. He's always positive and hopeful, isn't he? I like that a 69-year old can say this:

I think I’m starting to come into my own as a songwriter. At least that’s how I feel personally and that’s nice because a lot of people hit their peak when they’re way younger and I feel like I haven’t really gotten there yet. Makes me look forward to the next day.

Luvy! Come out of the kitchen, take off the baking gloves and enjoy some Timothy.
    LOL...OK, then!! I'm going to check out this latest interview from cbs news.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I should have said "oven mitts"; I guess it's a dead giveaway that I'm not exactly Martha Stewart when it comes to the domestic arts

Anyhoo, I appreciated the dieting tips from Timothy as well. Along with Steve Howe of Yes, he's got to be like the skinniest man in rock n' roll. Christine McVie would take the prize in the women's division. I suppose ya'll can guess what's at the top of my New Year's resolution list.

Don't forget David Bowie. He was always skinny. Now he looked terribly thin at the height of his drug use(but than again. A lot of artist from that the 60s and 70s were very skinny. The weight didn't come on until they got older, but that's different David. He never gain a lot of weight when he got older), but after he got clean he was still very skinny, but looked healthy. I don't think I ever seen him with a lot of weight on him.

That was a great interview. That was nice of CBSN to interview him.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-30-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

James Taylor has always been very thin. He's bigger boned than TBS though. James reminds me of one of my Granddads, tall and skinny.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

My favourite bit was when he explained that he sometimes (often?) travels separately from his band because "I'm the guy". Quite right.

I'm amused at the idea that an ex-Sex Pistol was interviewing an ex-Eagle and it was all so relaxed and polite. They even discussed diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    James Taylor has always been very thin. He's bigger boned than TBS though. James reminds me of one of my Granddads, tall and skinny.
    As he's aged, James has come to look very much like my Grampy Brennan (except much taller). So much so that I asked JT's Facebook page if he has any Irish ancestry. They replied he is of Scottish descent.

Sorry about that, I went *way* off-topic.

I really hope we hear about a more extensive Timothy tour in the new year, or I'll be kicking myself daily for not going to one of the California shows.

With the Eagles being done(I hate saying that.), I think we're going to see the guys on the road a lot. Of course its not going to be like when they were touring non-stop for 3 months straight with a few breaks in between or touring 6 months out of the year, but I think we will see more of Timothy. I would love to see Timothy too. I already saw Joe and of course I'm seeing Don in a few weeks. I hope Timothy comes close to me. Atlanta and Nashville were kinda close to me, but I couldn't go to those shows.

We'll see what 2017 bring for the guys. We probably will have more dates later in the year. Either for the summer or fall.

UTW [/QUOTE] I'm amused at the idea that an ex-Sex Pistol was interviewing an ex-Eagle and it was all so relaxed and polite. They even discussed diet.[/QUOTE]

Lol...My thoughts, too.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Mr. Timothy speaks with the Orange County Register. A new (to me, anyway) detail is that - back in '77, his neighbor JD Souther gave him advance notice that Randy was leaving the Eagles and Tim would be invited to take his place.
    http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...ys-eagles.html

Stuck on the Border

I just came here to post that interview. I'd read about JD Souther giving him a heads-up before. I think he also said he'd called Azoff looking for work as Poco were inactive and he needed to make some money but he wasn't expecting an opportunity with the Eagles to come up.

For me, the intriguing part is:
    Schmit says he’s heading to London for a few BBC events in February
    What could they be? Could he be planning a UK tour and coming over to promote it?