Thread: Unfinished solo album

Default Unfinished solo album

Does anyone know any more information about the solo album Glenn had been working on?
    Wouldn't it be good if Don, Joe and Timothy could work on the album to see it sees the light of day.
    I guess Jack T would know something about it.
    Would be a nice tribute to Glenn.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Unfinished solo album

Would this solo album, or material intended for it, include the five unreleased songs written with Jack Tempchin that JT is planning to release on his Glenn tribute album?

I would guess that JT's recent release of 'Part of Me, Part of You' is from this album. It sounds well produced, but not just a karaoke cover; JT brings his own style to it and I like the simpler arrangement.

Banned

I'm pretty sure I heard Glenn say that he wanted to record a second album of After Hours type material. He also wanted to record an album of covers with the Eagles, naming Buffalo Springfield's On The Way Home as a candidate for inclusion.

Put that with the Joe's statement (a few years ago now) that the Eagles have new music in the can, Jack has unfinished Glenn songs in the works and tit bits like Cameron Crowe's claim that he recorded a great unreleased Eagles song in the mid seventies, I'm pretty sure something will come out when the time is right.

The Eagles are due a new Greatest Hits release (76, 82, 85, 88, 94, 00, 01, 03, 05, 13) and with the Classic East/West gigs confirmed, the right time could be later this year.

I'm always ready for new music, tribute or not.

Glenn had said that he was 3/4 done writing the songs for the follow up to After Hours. I understood Jack to say that these are some of the songs he is doing on his new album.

Glenn had said in his 2011 solo concert that I attended that he had wanted the Eagles to record a few songs by bands that had influenced them. He said he didn't know if they would agree. As he announced the upcoming HotE documentary at the show I believe he meant that this would be in conjunction with the release of the documentary.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I heard Glenn say that he wanted to record a second album of After Hours type material. He also wanted to record an album of covers with the Eagles, naming Buffalo Springfield's On The Way Home as a candidate for inclusion.

Put that with the Joe's statement (a few years ago now) that the Eagles have new music in the can, Jack has unfinished Glenn songs in the works and tit bits like Cameron Crowe's claim that he recorded a great unreleased Eagles song in the mid seventies, I'm pretty sure something will come out when the time is right.

The Eagles are due a new Greatest Hits release (76, 82, 85, 88, 94, 00, 01, 03, 05, 13) and with the Classic East/West gigs confirmed, the right time could be later this year.

I'm always ready for new music, tribute or not.
    There will be the Jack Tempchin songs. I sadly doubt that there will be any release of Glenn Frey material (that is, sung by Glenn Frey). This is the other tragic thing about all of this.

For the life of me, F50, I cannot understand why you are so obsessed with Greatest Hits. What are they going to put on this one? How Long & Busy Being Fabulous? Seriously. In any case this topic is about Glenn Frey, not the Eagles. So the endlessly repeated 'Joe says there is new Eagles music in the can' line is frankly best ignored.

I am very fortunate that I saw him sing On The Way Home three times, because I think the other Eagles rejected his suggestion of a covers album of their influences. So he didn't always get his own way.

I know of at least one song which didn't make the final After Hours release; Rainy Night In Georgia.

Nothing will happen. Just as nothing else has happened to help his fans.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

The more I think about the Jack Tempchin 'Glenn Album', the more I'm looking forward to it.