• Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    IF and again a BIG IF Trump is all those things you said he was then why is that All of Middle America voted for him. All the left has is Insults and it did not work because the Democratic Party dig its own grave because all they focused was on the West and East Coast cities.

By the way he never mocked a disabled reporter that has been proven false.

If you don't agree with the left they attack and ostracize you.
    Well let's see, the audio of Trump and Billy Bush was on tape, so that is a given. Plus all of the comments he's made publicly about women. And he's against women's rights. He's called foreign individuals and groups names (Saying Mexicans are rapist, the hate against Muslims), he questioned Obama's birth certificate, on and on. He can try to deny he mocked a disabled reporter but the fact is the gesture he made represented the deformity of the man's hand. He and his cronies can try to deny it or look at it from a different angle. If he said those words without gesturing his hand like the reporters deformity, I'd definitely agree with you. But then we wouldn't discuss it. It's been shown that Russia helped or at least tried to aide in his election. And there is no doubting his narcissism. The man is full of himself and hates being told no. And his use of Twitter and the White House website for personal things is disgusting.

HRC won the popular vote AND it was the electoral college that got DJT in office.

The poor, redneck, country folk who think he is their saving grace are misguided at best. He would be the first he'd screw over. No matter what, he isn't a good ol boy blue collar type. He is a businessman who lived in mansions and flew in a private jet and had a rep of screwing over the little guy. But quite honestly his rough around the edges character is what they wanted but he's fooling them. I would feel sorry for them but the writing was on the wall if they looked long.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

By the way apparently the 1980s want their foreign policy back
    I'm NOT in support of Trump's foreign policy. I think a wall is a horrible idea and I'm so glad the travel ban was overturned. If that's "1980s", so be it. TEHO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

That was Obama who said that.

By the way those poor country rednecks keep your food stocked your water and power on.

You just proved exactly why Trump won and Hillary lost.

The electoral college was put in place because everyone gets a say and if it wasn't put in place California and New York would swing the votes for the Democears every time.

Trump has done more to create jobs for this country in 19 days then Obama in 8 years.

Hillary was the corrupt Wall Street endorsed cannidate.

Hillary also called Black Super Preadators and called half America Deplorabe Racists. I support who will do the best job and Hillary would not have done a good job. I guess she wasn't a feminist when her husband got impeached.

Screwing over the Little Guy is what The Clinton Foundation is for.

FYI I have nothing personal against you my sister and I get like this all the time. Th

That was Obama who said that.

By the way those poor country rednecks keep your food stocked your water and power on.

You just proved exactly why Trump won and Hillary lost.

The electoral college was put in place because everyone gets a say and if it wasn't put in place California and New York would swing the votes for the Democears every time.

Trump has done more to create jobs for this country in 19 days then Obama in 8 years.
    Hey I'm not saying I have anything against them. I live out in the country and everyone around me are redneck types and I'm just saying I think they have made a big mistake.

My dad works in the coal industry, my great grandpa was a farmer, and I have country folk as friends so don't judge or pretend you know me. I'm just saying it's sadly ironic the people that think he'll save them is the one who will screw them over. But I don't feel bad because they are smart enough to know better but choose to overlook the evidence he will NOT help them, actually anything but.

Trump hasn't done anything for jobs....instead he's busying bashing Nordstrom because his precious daughter doesn't like them. Or he's showing his xenophobia by fighting to save his precious travel ban. He isn't helping you. He's helping him.

My opinion will change the SECOND I see him doing something for greater good with no agenda.

If the Democrats actually cared about the poor then the poor would not be poor. But ALL the Hollywood Elite vote for the Democrats because that buys influence for the Celbeetoes and their Gated Communities.

Trump so far has create over 100,000 jobs negotiating with the Air Lines, Carrier, Ford etc. He is getting stuff done while the Democrats whine and complain. It's not Cenophobic to ban people forming coming over from FAILED GOVERMENTS if it was a full Muslim ban then Indosenia would be on that list. Well it's not because it has a Stable Government.

The stock market is also looking better because of tax cuts. No Obama did not make it better he made it worse from 9 Trilion dollars to 19 Trillon dollars in debt he made the economy worse.

Republicans want a trickle down system that only supports those at the top. The way to do it is work from the middle class out in both directions. You can't tell me he isn't going to do things to make it better for himself and his family business.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

The 'Trump has created 100,000 jobs' thing is an example of what I mean by people taking note of sound bites and not really finding looking into things in sufficient depth. As an example, I spent a bit of time looking further into those claims, which I noted are repeated very often on the internet.

The situation is far more complex, and it appears that many of those jobs (if not the vast majority) come from plans that were in place before Trump was elected. However, companies are presenting their changing job plans in such a way that Trump can take credit, as this gets the companies into Trump's good books. I read a number of articles, but this one seems to be the best I read: https://www.theatlantic.com/business...reator/514466/ There are claims by conservatives that Obama didn't create jobs or created very few. That article also points out that job creation is a process that continues with or without presidents, and continued during Obamas presidency. E.g. by 2015 the 7.6 million jobs that had disappeared with the 2008 recession had been recovered. https://research.stlouisfed.org/publ...wly-destroyed/

As an example, Ford decided not to move some production to Mexico, and this has been portrayed as a win for Trump. However, Ford's plans are based on decreased demand for small petrol cars (some of which such as the Focus are made in Mexico), and increased demand for electric cars (which are made in the USA). The Ford example is presented as a win for Trump, but it's actually a result of simple economics. As it should be in a healthy economy.

Job creation and destruction in the economy is a complicated topic. For example, job destruction is a sign of health in a growing economy because much of that destruction will be people quitting because they have found another job. Job destruction in a recession is different.

Markets change, so closing factories is not necessarily a bad sign if a company is opening other factories that make different products, as it shows that a company is adapting to changes in the market. E.g. Ford noting the lessening demand for small petrol cars and the increase in demand for electric cars.

I've used this as an example, and I apologise to Travenlnman2 for any contrarianism. But I think it's important to note the oversimple and misleading way that stats and 'facts' are used in our society. I think it's necessary to do proper research before such complex topics as job creation can be understood and the causes properly attributed.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 02-10-2017 at 05:01 AM.