Thread: Sounds a bit like an Eagles song?

Stuck on the Border

Default Sounds a bit like an Eagles song?

Couldn't find an existing topic where I could post this, so I created a new one...

The chorus in this new single by the Finnish band The Rasmus reminds me of a certain Eagles song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A_TVVYEJZ4

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Sounds a bit like an Eagles song?

I don't know if we have one but this is a good idea for one. I've always thought a lot of songs by Little Big Town sounds like Eagles songs especially with the harmonies. Then Brooks & Dunn's "You're Going to Miss Me When I'm Gone" and "Neon Moon" always did to me too. Then Brad Paisley's latest "Last Time for Everything" not only mentions Glenn in a lyric but he too imitates the Eagles style harmonies right after he mentions Glenn. Haim's "The Wire" sounds a lot like "Heartache Tonight". There's a new country group out named Midland that sound like the Eagles, which I posted about "Little Things that Remind You of the Eagles" thread, as does some Kings of Leon songs, some of David Nail's songs, and some of Old Dominion's songs. I also always thought Tom Petty's "Breakdown" had Eagles style backup vocals, and my Mom's always said Stevie Nick's "Enchanted" sounded like an Eagles song.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I've never heard The Wire before. I wonder if that's intentional.

If a thread like this exists already (hard to believe that there's no such topic), pleaaaaaaase merge them.

I didn't mention the Eagles song I'm reminded of when I hear that Rasmus song, because I want to know if it's just me...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it was on Haim's part as a sort of homage to the Eagles. They also grew up listening to the Eagles and other 70s music their parents were fans of that influenced them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I've always thought the chorus of "Footloose" sounded like a ripoff of the main riff of "Funk 49" (not technically an Eagles song but still):

It starts about 1:00:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrMfT4Qz5Y[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

A mighty coincidence!

I've just managed to find a digital download of one of my earliest vinyl 45s, from the 70s, Freeze by former Stealer's Wheel, Joe Egan. It predates my Eagles records barring the two Walsh related singles, Hotel California + Pretty Maids plus Life In The Fast Lane + The Last Resort

The blurb with the Egan download reads; “Freeze” wouldn’t sound out of place on an Eagles record

Absolutely!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki3j85onjxw

It sure takes me back...