Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - Rock Getaway - CANCELLED

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Don Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - "Rock Getawa

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    No I don't think Henley will search out Felder either but I didn't suggest that. Henley wrote a great song about forgiveness so I guess he's open to the concept.
    Perhaps it would be easier for Henley to forgive if Felder admitted that at some point he may have done something wrong too. But it seems Felder is still in the "I have forgiven them for every bad thing they have done to me, so they should answer my calls" situation.

Default Re: BREAKING! HENLEY AND FELDER ON THE SAME BILL FOR ROCK GETWAY IN MEXICO

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Do you think Don (F) will search out Don (H) with his olive branch?

Henley likes authenticity. Maybe they can turn out for each other's, inevitable encore, that they wrote together with Glenn, Hotel California.

I don't think either of them play it in the key it was originally written or released in though
    If Henley and Felder were to make up, it would be excellent publicity for the band and would create good will among many fans. Performing together is a whole other ballgame though.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Default Re: Don Felder at Quintana Roo, Mexico Oct 26; Don Henley Nov. 1, 2017 - "Rock Getawa

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Perhaps it would be easier for Henley to forgive if Felder admitted that at some point he may have done something wrong too. But it seems Felder is still in the "I have forgiven them for every bad thing they have done to me, so they should answer my calls" situation.
    I think this is pretty much the fundamental problem.

I think the only way they would interact is if Felder were to hang out backstage or in the hotel lobby or something, and ambush him... and I think the only thing that might give Henley pause would be if the first words out of Felder's mouth were "I'm sorry."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think this is pretty much the fundamental problem.

I think the only way they would interact is if Felder were to hang out backstage or in the hotel lobby or something, and ambush him... and I think the only thing that might give Henley pause would be if the first words out of Felder's mouth were "I'm sorry."
    I've never been sure what the heart of the matter is ... that Felder sued ... wrote a book ... to name just two possibilities ... and I've never been clear on where TBS and JW stood or Randy and Bernie for that matter. I think Glenn left no doubt how he felt about Felder and why but I also think Glenn was at his core very appreciative of his good fortune both professionally and personally and perhaps did't waste much if any time on Felder once Felder left the band for good.
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-27-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I totally agree, sodascouts and I think any contact with Tim and Joe will be, too awkward to be significant until Felder has had a cordial conversation with Henley.

Unless things happen at Quintana Roo, Mexico. I'll believe that Felder isn't really anxious to smooth the Eagles waters and a reconcilliation remains very unlikely. I'm sure that Felder has consciously stopped dissing his former band in inteviews though.

I have to agree. Felder would had to be the one coming up to them. Not the other way around. They probably won't get up to him. I don't see Don ever going up to Felder.

Plus Felder had plenty of opportunities to talk to Joe last year. Both he and Joe were in Las Vegas at the same time. The NAMM thingy the week of Glenn's death. They were both there. If Joe and Felder ever did bumped into each other, you can bet they would post it on their social media page especially Felder.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

I guess we'll never know...the whole thing appears to have been cancelled.

Oh! I wonder what happened?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten