Page 160 of 166 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I don't know if we will ever know the backstory on what really happened but I do know the Classic didn't happen overnite. I also believe not revealing the names of both of the mystery guest artists before tickets went on sale was an ill advised publicity stunt that made them look desperate.
    I agree............

I wonder if Deacon had declined if Henley would have been willing to roll the dice with just Vince Gill? I also wonder how long they will keep touring but then again it's no secret touring is where the money is and if folks are willing to pay upwards of $500 per ticket and everybody is in good health I guess we can expect to see them adding more dates indefinitly.
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-22-2017 at 10:30 PM.

As for Azoff and The Classics ... he's done 3 concerts for 2017 I would imagine we should start hearing rumblings soon about any live concert DVDs being released as well as any concerts planned for 2018.
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-23-2017 at 12:51 AM.

I wonder if Deacon had declined if Henley would have been willing to roll the dice with just Vince Gill? I also wonder how long they will keep touring but then again it's no secret touring is where the money is and if folks are willing to pay upwards of $500 per ticket and everybody is in good health I guess we can expect to see them adding more dates indefinitly.
    My gut tells me yes...sadly.

My guess is that they'll stop when Henley can't go anymore. Until then they'll just replace members as needed and keep that cash cow on life support indefinitely.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Banned

Selling out an NBA arena two nights in a row really lends credibility to your "life support" assertion.

Yep. This has proven that if you put "EAGLES" on the marquee, people will come. I don't think most casual fans even give a crap who's onstage. They just want to hear "Hotel California." The band could have hired pretty much anybody with a good voice to sing Glenn's parts and these people would have showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    My guess is that they'll stop when Henley can't go anymore
    I wonder if even Don Henley's replaceable at this point - they could get a soundalike like Journey did, after all. Why stop when Don drops? Keep the music alive! Do it for the fans!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yep. This has proven that if you put "EAGLES" on the marquee, people will come. I don't think most casual fans even give a crap who's onstage. They just want to hear "Hotel California." The band could have hired pretty much anybody with a good voice to sing Glenn's parts and these people would have showed up.

I wonder if even Don Henley's replaceable at this point - they could get a soundalike like Journey did, after all. Why stop when Don drops? Keep the music alive! Do it for the fans!
    I know there’s a bit of sarcasm thrown in but don’s Voice is more unique. You will have no chance at finding a sound alike. Losing don would be the definitive end

Stuck on the Border

I don't know if we will ever know the backstory on what really happened but I do know the Classic didn't happen overnite. I also believe not revealing the names of both of the mystery guest artists before tickets went on sale was an ill advised publicity stunt that made them look desperate.
    Dawn - I totally agree. I have said it before, but I think this all began March 2016, when Don gave that interview with the Montreal newspaper saying the only way they would/could continue was if Deacon was involved. He took a lot of shit for that with the media calling it a money grab coming only two months after Glenn's death. He backed off saying he had never discussed it with Cindy and was just mussing. Well, I think he and Irving were possibly working it then. It takes planning to come up with those kind of festivals, they don't happen overnight.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I know there’s a bit of sarcasm thrown in but don’s Voice is more unique. You will have no chance at finding a sound alike. Losing don would be the definitive end
    Once again.... for a start either something is unique or it is not. There is no such thing as 'more unique'. Frey's voice was as unique as Henley's. If he could be replaced, so could Henley. Leave personal preferences out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Some of us thought it was the definitive end when Glenn died. We were wrong then. Sadly.