Page 157 of 166 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Well, let's be honest here. They could replace GIll with anyone. Deacon Frey on the other hand provides the only connecton left with his father. Take him out, you take out the last vestiges of credibilty this operation has. But that is another issue for down the track, no doubt for next year when a 30 or 40 date American tour is announced.
    I personally don't see a better replacement than Gill. His vocal type is at least similar to Glenn's. It's not Glenn but it's close in tone. I don't think a better replacement exists. Don is close to him and Gill doesn't have anything else really going on

Stuck on the Border

no doubt for next year when a 30 or 40 date American tour is announced.
    I bet Irving is in the process of working that out as we sit here discussing this.

YEF - QUOTE : "Of course money played a role but to only criticize the band for money grabbing now is hypocritical. Hell freezes over was a tour at least partly done for money, same thing since the LROOE tour. They kept going because of money. Unless you're putting new material out, you're recycling old stuff for money. So to criticize the new lineup for money grabbing is unfair."

I agree with part of this. HFO was def done partly for the money. The Eagles started the trend with the crazy ticket prices when they charged $100 as a top ticket price. However. LROOE was done to promote their new cd, the first in almost 30 years. Of course they toured to make money but to also sell the cd. What was the quote Don said - something along the lines of "You keep coming and we'll keep playing". Touring is the only way a band can make money now and the Eagles have always been one of the top grossing bands since HFO.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 10-11-2017 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I bet Irving is in the process of working that out as we sit here discussing this.
    I'm willing to bet he is lurking on this webpage right now testing the waters for a multi leg world tour

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I'm willing to bet he is lurking on this webpage right now testing the waters for a multi leg world tour
    Yep, I agree. I would not be surprised if they have someone who reads this site every day.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Yep, I agree. I would not be surprised if they have someone who reads this site every day.
    Sodascouts is most likely a Irving Azoff paid agent

Not hypocritical ...the Classic tour is Azoffs answer to the mega moneymaker Desert Trip.2016.

Stuck on the Border

Again, contrary to what some may think, those who are very much opposed to something the band does are entitled to their opinion. Seems to me that when some people are against what the band do, some are against those people feeling that way. There are enough supporters of the current lineup here IMO. There's no need for everyone to feel the same.

EDIT:

Someone said that the same amount of people would attend the concerts if they didn't use the name Eagles. Err.......I don't agree.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-11-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Not hypocritical ...the Classic tour is Azoffs answer to the mega moneymaker Desert Trip.2016.
    Dawn- I agree the classic concrets were money grabs (in my opinion one worth seeing), but the Eagles have not been above Money grabbing before and are notorious for it. Glenn being a big part of that. I choose not to judge him for it but I also choose not to judge the current lineup for trying to make money

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I fail to see how this fraudulent. People pay to have the remaining Eagles plus help play music. If you're only issue is using the name Eagles then we are only arguing over semantics. If Joe Don and Tim plus Deacon and Vince played the Eagles music at the east and west without calling it the Eagles everyone would still view them as the Eagles. To make logical sense you ought to either be OK with Eagles 3.0 or just simply oppose any new Eagles activities. I could easily devils advocate and argue that what Glenn and Don did to the band made them fraudulent. That is a pretty common view now
    Well legally/technically it isn't. But to me it feels like it is.

Using the Eagles name without Glenn in the band IS the issue, and I don't think it's quite right to dwindle it down to something little. It's a legendary name that should have been left alone IMO after it's founding father and co-lead songwriter died.

Well, let's be honest here. They could replace GIll with anyone. Deacon Frey on the other hand provides the only connecton left with his father. Take him out, you take out the last vestiges of credibilty this operation has. But that is another issue for down the track, no doubt for next year when a 30 or 40 date American tour is announced.
    I would agree.

I think Deacon being there, for some people, is enough to win them back from feeling like we do. If you take him out I feel there would be even more uproar, from people we haven't even heard from yet. Just my gut feeling on this.