No More Tears - Ozzy Osbourne
    Withdrawals - Tyler Farr
    Don't Stop - Fleetwood Mac
    Let It Rain - Eric Clapton
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: The Ten Song Shuffle Game

Don Henley

1. Them and Us
    2. I Will Not Go Quietly
    3. The Heart of the Matter
    4. My Thanksgiving
    5. All She Wants to do is Dance
    6. The End of the Innocence
    7. New York Minute
    8. The Boys of Summer
    9. Sunset Grill
    10. The Last Worthless Evening
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

That's one of my favourite lists I've seen so far, Brooke. I agree with your top three, I'd have been delighted to see those classics all come up. There were quite a lot of hits in there actually, interesting considering sometimes these random shuffles produce their share of comparative obscurities.

FP, I meant to comment on your Led Zeppelin list earlier having already done one myself. I will ignore the BBC tracks as I don't actually have that album, but I know Celebration Day quite well albeit from the film rather than the album. If the all the tracks had been studio versions, Black Dog would also have been my number one, ahead of No Quarter (silver) and In My Time of Dying (bronze). With the versions here, I think IMTOD would probably actually be my favourite - I am hugely impressed by Jimmy's guitar and JPJ's bass on the Celebration Day version. Good Times Bad Times is a big favourite of mine so that would get silver, ahead of The Song Remains The Same which I probably enjoy more than the studio version (the guitars are great either way, but I prefer it with Robert singing normally compared to his sped-up vocals on the original studio recording).

I haven't contributed to this as much as I thought I would be able to, but I have been quite busy with other things. I tend to do shuffle playlists more often if I'm on a journey or have a spare evening when there's little else to do, but recently there have been quite a lot of things most days and nights. I'll try to do an Eagles one sooner rather than later for sure (I noticed Wasted Time (Reprise) kept coming up on everyone else's list, so I'll keep a sharp out for that one when I do get round to it), and I might do other artists periodically as there aren't all that many I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    That's one of my favourite lists I've seen so far, Brooke. I agree with your top three, I'd have been delighted to see those classics all come up. There were quite a lot of hits in there actually, interesting considering sometimes these random shuffles produce their share of comparative obscurities.
    Yes, I know! I was quite surprised when so many songs I really liked showed up! The only iffy one for me is Them and Us.

Austin, your mixed list is quite a mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Austin, your mixed list is quite a mix!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Joe

1. Turn to Stone
    2. Funk 50
    3. Rocky Mountain Way
    4. Spanish Dancer
    5. Mother Says
    6. Life's Been Good
    7. One Day at a Time
    8. Funk #49
    9. But I Try
    10. Lucky That Way

Stuck on the Border

Nice to see this revived.

1. She Sang Hymns Out Of Tune - Don Henley
    2. He Doesn't Know Why - Fleet Foxes
    3. Same Situation - Joni Mitchell
    4. 5D (Fifth Dimension) - Byrds
    5. Happy The Man - Genesis
    6. Piano Concerto No. 2 2nd movt. - Rachmaninov
    7. It's Showtime! - David Lee Roth
    8. Twilight Alehouse - Genesis
    9. Now Is The Time - Ian Hunter
    10. Headshrinker - Oasis

A quirky selection, some of which may surprise some people.

I don't wish to beat the Genesis drum again but these were my first hearings of the gold & silver songs & I absolutely loved them. I can't believe Twlight Alehouse never made it onto an album & Happy The Man is a folksy, Cat Stevens style song! As for She Sang Hymns, it didn't get much love in the Survivor game but it's a favourite of mine.

1.Hotel California
    2.Madagascar-Guns N Roses
    3.Freebird-Lynyrd Skynyrd
    5.Take It Easy
    6.Something Beatles
    7.Dust N Bones-Guns N Roses
    8.Rocky Mountain Way
    9.There Was A Time-Guns N Roses
    10.Layla-Eric Clapton

This was a very hard choice i have many favorite songs and it changes alot . I am a huge gnr fan especially of Chinese Democracy which coming from an unbiased view is in my opinion the Greatest Record of the past 20 years and can hold its own against any of their classic material and any other band. I think if you listen to it and focus on the lyrics and instrumentation you would see my point..

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Just done a quick non-specific shuffle. Probably nothing especially surprising about this one, just wanted to do one seeing as this thread has been revived!

1. Royal Orleans - Led Zeppelin
    2. White Line - Neil Young
    3. Blue Letter - Fleetwood Mac
    4. Guilty of the Crime - Eagles
    5. On Every Street - Dire Straits
    6. Calling - Pink Floyd
    7. In My Time Of Dying - Led Zeppelin
    8. Have A Cigar - Pink Floyd
    9. Spies - Coldplay
    10. Peaceful Easy Feeling - Eagles

On this list four songs stand out to me, which is kind of unfortunate as it means I have to snub one of them! As it happens, these songs are split equally between my four favourite bands.

In My Time of Dying is an exceptional piece of Led Zep blues rock from the IMO near flawless first disc of Physical Graffiti and takes gold. It's funny because I think On Every Street is easily the weakest Dire Straits album, but the title track is outstanding and I think is the only song that would still sound great on their other albums (it's in my top ten by them, but nothing else from the album would come close). This meant the choice came between Have A Cigar and PEF. There's not a lot between them and my preference really depends on mood more than anything else. I listened to the Wish You Were Here album a couple of days ago which probably shifted it towards Cigar.

Of the others, Calling is a short track from The Endless River, which I usually only listen to as a complete album. I don't listen to Coldplay very often now (3-4 years ago they were one of my favourites) although I still like Spies quite a bit. All the others are songs that I like a lot without being amongst my top favourites from, although they are by some of my favourite artists so no complaints here! (although I should note that I am indeed 'Guilty of the Crime' of still not getting around to doing an Eagles shuffle! Quite funny that it came up.)

FP, I listened to Twilight Alehouse a while back. Very good track, could easily have fitted on Selling England... for sure. Do you know if there is anywhere you can buy/download it? It's from my favourite Genesis album era and I'd quite like to have it on m

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    FP, I listened to Twilight Alehouse a while back. Very good track, could easily have fitted on Selling England... for sure. Do you know if there is anywhere you can buy/download it? It's from my favourite Genesis album era and I'd quite like to have it on m
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archive-1-1...hive+1967-1975

You can download it from Amazon as an individual track too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twilight-Al...hive+1967-1975