Page 158 of 195 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

They were on the road quite a bit. That's why I was a little surprised that Don would say they weren't around each other much. It reminded me of what Don F said after the band reunited, that they would leave the stage and go their separate ways until the next performance.

ETA: thanks for that link, Shun!
    Last edited by Delilah; 12-08-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think I remembered reading or hearing somewhere that Don goes back to his hotel room when they are done with the show. He doesn't go out to dinner after the show, he retires for the night. Maybe he did that later on in the years or he's been doing it for years.

I do remembered that Delilah. Some of them probably go to dinner after the show(which would be very late) and some just go back to their hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    The interview was great!!! Gayle King did a great job and loved Charlie Rose and Nora O'Donnell talking about how she got Don to smile which was a good sign. LOL They talked about so much, it was funny and emotional at times, and apparently there is an extended version of the interview that will be going on online, the app, and in the CBS news podcast. I was surprised to that Gayle took time to have Don say what he thought about each member including Bernie, Randy, and Felder. It was really nice though I do think they cut the part about him talking about Timothy which might be in the extended version. That segment lead into Don talking about Glenn and his passing.

They also showed clips of Kings of Leon and Vince Gill performing "Take it Easy" and "PEF" at the Kennedy Center Honors and previewing the show we'll see on CBS the 27th. I'm even more excited to watch it.

ETA: Delilah, Don also said Bernie "was a good musician".
    The part in which Gayle asked about each member was cut out of the podcast. However, it was over 23 minutes long. Nothing new or startling, but interesting none the less.

I enjoyed the podcast. Gayle trying to get Don to say did he perm his hair. Yeah right, Don. We've see your hair pre 70s and post 70s. Well his his hair was kinda wavy curly like during the BTPB era.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-08-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I enjoyed the podcast. Gayle trying to get Don to say did he perm his hair. Yeah right, Don. We've see your hair before and after the 70s. Well his his hair was kinda wavy curly like during the BOS era.
    I don't know...I always thought the longer your hair got the less curly it was. I mean what does he do every morning now, flat iron the curls out! Yea I can just picture Don Henley standing in front of a mirror every day spraying in anti frizz & running a flat iron over & over. He doesn't have enough hair!
    If he said it wasn't a perm...okay...I can ride with that.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    The part in which Gayle asked about each member was cut out of the podcast. However, it was over 23 minutes long. Nothing new or startling, but interesting none the less.
    Well, as Delilah noted, this is virtually the first time in recorded history that Don H. has spoken well of Randy, so it's quite special for us MeisLovers.

Was it Gayle who asked about each band members. Because if she did. IMO. Its Gayle's fault for not mentioning Timothy. How the heck can you forget a member who's been there since the Long Run era and who was also honored alongside Don, Joe and Glenn. I really don't get that. I hope they just ran out of time and hoping they really didn't forget Timothy. I would had loved to hear what he said about Timothy.

I haven't seen the interview from this morning, but I did see the extended interview. I have to wait until I get home to watch it because I still haven't seen on the CBS This Morning website. They only have a transcript on the interview.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh I didn't see the transcript, only the interview on "podcast" - I don't know what that means, i.e. it is audio only.

Someone here said that Timothy is mentioned in the extended version of the interview. I listened to the 24-minute version and Tim was not mentioned. It also didn't have the "what do you think of each Eagle" part, which was what I wanted to hear.

For the record, Mr. Henley says he didn't perm his hair.

Its only audio.

I listened to the extended version. I don't remembered hearing Timothy's name. Don was mostly talking about his childhood, a little on HC etc. I have to re-listen to it when I get home from work since I was listening to it at work and I couldn't turn the volume up too high without disturbing my co-workers, but I thought the extended interview was great.

I just watched the interview this morning YouTube(not a good version since somebody recorded it on their phone from the screen). They did say something about Timothy being honored for the KCH but not during the what you think of these members. I just can't believe Gayle left Timothy out.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-08-2016 at 05:37 PM.

This is kinda the transcript of the interview. I was looking for the interview, but it was only an article of the interview.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/don-henl...el-california/