Page 295 of 301 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    WSMonline.com always airs the Opry live, so hopefully this will also be the case for those of us who do not get Sirius. Many rock stars have played the Grand Ole Opry. There are two shows each Saturday, with guests usually performing 1 or 2 songs on each, but some only play on one show; as I would guess would be the case. There's not really a bad seat, and they (used to anyway) let you walk up to the stage and take a picture.
    As Vince is a member, he will likely be hosting the segment on which they appear. It's a shame it doesn't air on GAC/CMT anymore.
    It's not a normal Opry concert though but a full Eagles one. The article goes into more detail about it. It'll be a big event and saw some fans wondering if this might be filmed which I could see even more with it being at the Opry.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I thought the article said it was invitation only--so how does one get an invitation (just wondering)?

apologies if this isn't the right place to discuss Eagles + guests

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    It's not a normal Opry concert though but a full Eagles one. The article goes into more detail about it. It'll be a big event and saw some fans wondering if this might be filmed which I could see even more with it being at the Opry.
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I thought the article said it was invitation only--so how does one get an invitation (just wondering)?

apologies if this isn't the right place to discuss Eagles + guests
    You have to be a subscriber to Sirius Radio. I think the cutoff date to do the contest was for anyone that were subscribers before September 12th. They did this same thing with Don. It was only for the people who were subscribers. I'm going to try to do another free 30 day trial so I can listen to it the whole month.

I don't think this will be broadcast on WSM. They don't broadcast concerts that are played there. Just when Grand Ole Opry is on.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

On one occasion, the author writes, Jann got a call from a member of the Eagles in the middle of the night, complaining that Leibovitz had used up all his crystal meth. He replied, “So what do you want me to do about it?’ ”

http://nypost.com/2017/10/22/how-rol...d-rock-n-roll/

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    On one occasion, the author writes, Jann got a call from a member of the Eagles in the middle of the night, complaining that Leibovitz had used up all his crystal meth. He replied, “So what do you want me to do about it?’ ”

http://nypost.com/2017/10/22/how-rol...d-rock-n-roll/
    Definitly not planning to read the book but curious if CC has been interviewed.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Definitly not planning to read the book but curious if CC has been interviewed.
    Who is CC?

Cameron Crowe.

Stuck on the Border

Wonder which Eagle made the phone call to complain to Werner ? Silly me, I did not even know Crystal Meth was "in" then. I thought that was in much later. I'm sure they all partook, including CC. However, he was still just a teenager so who knows. Don F. mentions Glenn and Don H. "protecting" CC in his book, and being amazed that someone so young was working for RS.

Thanks NKIT it's been awhile since I read Felder's book, good to know.

CC and Glenn were good friends and I think CC was genuinely fond of Glenn and appreciated his talent as much he did his gregarious, self-confident personality and the "brotherly" advice Glenn would dispense from time to time.

I have no idea who allegedly called Wenner to personally complain but I suspect none of them could/would be happy ... still curious sbout CC and whether he was interviewed for the book those were fast times to be sure.