Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don will be on SiriusXM Outlaw Country channel tomorrow night.

Default Re: Don will be on SiriusXM Outlaw Country channel tomorrow night.

Don jokes the people said he need a moderator. LOL He introduces Bob.

The crowd is very rowdy and alive.

Barbara asked: How growing up in Cass County influence his music.

They talks about Cass County and where its at. The drinking age was 18 years old back then. He talks about what stations he listened to when he was growing up. He starts talking about the guys who grew up in Linden TBone Walker and Scott Joplin. His mother played gospel piano. His grandmother lived with them. She would sing hymns. He said the first time Billy heard Desperado, he said it sounds like Stephen Foster. His first records were Looney Tunes records. His mother was going into town and she asked him what record he wanted. He said can you buy me this record called Hound Dog.

Don sings No, Thank You. I love this song from the album.

Lead Belly was buried in Linden and Don would visit his grave.

He started to talk about Lawrence Welk. He got the drummer's autograph. He said Lawrence Welk and he had groupie. Had one on each arm and they were nuns in full habit. Another concert he saw in Shreveport was The Byrds, Hermit's Hermits and Barbacas(SP?), The Dillons and Mitch Rider and The Detroit Wheelers.

He talks about Cost of Living. Merle couldn't be there. He was on vacation. He introduces Jamey Johnson. The crowd is going weird for him. I'm guessing Don is drinking water because he says I'm dry. Its about of the medication. He and Jamey starts singing Cost Of Living.

He said their isn't a lot of modern country. He was saying Jamey was the real deal. Ass shaking broke something(I couldn't hear that part)

Janet says: Why change genre. Why now?

He brings up Shiloh. My next album may be completely different. Don has a home and farm in Linden. He wants to help the town and also says he knows why he left there. This album was a tribute to the people who supported him, his parents(his parents didn't tell him to cut his hair. Thank goodness. He brings up the The Rebel version of Grand Ole Opry. This was for the people who weren't allowed to play the Grand Ole Opry.

Michael asked about drumming and singing at the same time.
    Dixieland Jazz band. SOme of the guys fathers were in the band. The adults left. The Beatles came along and they needed to start singing. Everybody took turns. somebody asked why did he do it? He says I just didn't know any better. He says its harder to play guitar and sing then playing drums and sing.

Bob asked when did pick up the drums.
    Don was 15 when he start playing drums. He was in football first and they would knock him around since he was only 99 lbs. If you didn't hang up your uniform, you would get the paddle. Don came in and his uniform was on the floor. The guys were laughing. Somebody said the coach wanted to see him in the Cage. Don got out of there quick. Don would drum on his books that would drive his classmates and teachers crazy

He calls Take a Picture of This the empty nest song.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Lead Belly was buried in Linden and Don would visit his grave.

He started to talk about Lawrence Welk. He got the drummer's autograph. He said Lawrence Welk and he had groupie. Had one on each arm and they were nuns in full habit. Another concert he saw in Shreveport was The Byrds, Hermit's Hermits and Barbacas(SP?), The Dillons and Mitch Rider and The Detroit Wheelers.

He talks about Cost of Living. Merle couldn't be there. He was on vacation. He introduces Jamey Johnson. The crowd is going weird for him. I'm guessing Don is drinking water because he says I'm dry. Its about of the medication. He and Jamey starts singing Cost Of Living.
    MEDICATION?

Jeanette say. Says she's one of the luckiest person to be there. Which song touches him at this time in his life.
    Randy Newman, Paul Simon, Leonard Cohen and Bob Seger. Anything by those guys. Randy send Don a song and Don cried. My Wandering Boy. Brings up Bob. He wrote Heartache Tonight and Bob also wrote part of Funky New Year. Don sang backup on Fire Lake and Miami. Bob knew Glenn first, but knew Don very well later. Bob heard an old Felicity album and thought Don sounded. He didn't know it was Don until 10 to 12 years later.

Don introduces the band. Introduces Martina. That Old Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    MEDICATION?
    He heard he had bronchitis the night of the Austin Limit City.

Candace: What do you tribute your successful to your solo career.
    Stubbness. He's a collaborater(SP?). Brings up Danny, Stan Lynch, Mike Campbell, Bruce Hornsby, Bob. Writing with other people saved him(I'm guessing music wise).

Don sings Dirty Laundry.

There's a question here, but I couldn't get the answer.

Favorite artists and songwriters from today.
    Jason(somebody), Tifft Merrit(she wrote Bramble Rose). He talks about Bramble Rose. He got Miranda and Mick to sing verses. He really hasn't said people we've heard of. He said another person's name.

He starts singing Bramble Rose. This is actually song. He doesn't sing this song on this event. I love this song.

He talks about Ashley Monroe. Saying she could be the next Dolly Parton.

Don talks about Dolly and recording When I Stop Dreaming with her. He talks about her entourage, her hairdresser and driver. Dolly told Don, "I know this song. Me and Porter(Wagoner) use to sing this song." So Dolly went into the studio to do the song. Then she said, (Don starts to talk like Dolly) "This key is a little high for me. He said that's what we recorded the key. Then she said, "I guess I have to rear back and get it." he audience started laugh. Don then say and she did. She did it in two takes and left. After she left, he, the engineer and his producer stood there very dumbfound and then Don said what just happened here.

They start to play When I Stop Dreaming. The actual record single not the live.

Martina and Jamey are back onstage. He wrote about drought and that ending with a lot of rain a year later. He talks about the people out west who were having a bad drought right now. Praying For Rain.