Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25, 2015

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

I don't listen to the radio much. I hope it's getting play!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I never read this story before. If it has already been posted previously...sorry but I sorely needed a happy moment. I find it interesting so understand how an album comes together...a box of rice...who knew!

http://www.mixonline.com/news/profil...-henley/426679

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I never read this story before. If it has already been posted previously...sorry but I sorely needed a happy moment. I find it interesting so understand how an album comes together...a box of rice...who knew!

http://www.mixonline.com/news/profil...-henley/426679
    Interesting, but way over my head! I guess Don is an 'analog man' too! Joe would be proud!

And this tidbit: "as well as new tracks like “Waiting Tables” (originally an Eagles candidate track)."

I'll have to listen to this again and see if I think the Eagles should have recorded it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

jms - I hope you don't mind, but since this article was exclusively about the making of Cass County, I moved your post over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Interesting, but way over my head! I guess Don is an 'analog man' too! Joe would be proud!
    And great minds, Brooke! I thought exactly the same thing when I read that.

The article was long and had a lot of technical stuff that was way over my head, but it does show what an intricate process the making of songs can be. Very interesting!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Press and Disussion about Don Henley's new album Cass County available Sept. 25,

Here's an interview from Don's touring guitarist, Chris Holt. He starts talking about Don around 35:40. He also bring something up that I can't wait to see later this year. The audio interview is after the second paragraph.

http://ketr.org/post/dallas-music-ve...stars#stream/0

Thanks for the link. Well, I guess that new tour leg is coming sooner rather than later. I wonder where Don will play this time?

We know Don usually have dates in the south. So I'm hoping for a New Orleans, Memphis, or Shreveport date. Maybe Atlanta. With me starting my new job next week, I can afford to go see him and maybe even stay a day.

Now if we can get Joe south instead of up north. LOL

I'm not going to miss this opportunity to see Don or Joe in concert like I did the Eagles. I'm still kicking myself I didn't get to see them.

Well, if he comes around here, I'll see him with you!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I'm not going to miss this opportunity to see Don or Joe in concert like I did the Eagles. I'm still kicking myself I didn't get to see them.
    I know how you feel, shun. Even though I got to see the Eagles quite a lot in the last decade, I will always regret that I never saw them in the 70's or during HFO. I guess it's just human nature for us to put things off and figure we'll get around to it some day. It's hard to accept when that 'some day' never comes - it definitely gives a new meaning to 'seize the moment'.

And thanks for posting that link. I hope Don will come somewhere convenient for me to see him this time around. I already have some trips planned for later this year, so it may be hard for me to travel too far to a show. But, I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, if he comes around here, I'll see him with you!
    Sounds good, Soda.

IABAD. I always said I wish I was born in the 70s or grew up in the 70s. So many groups and singers I wish I saw when they were super popular. My mother wouldn't allow me to see any kind of groups and singers in the 90s. So I knew I couldn't go. Plus I was a teenager. I had so many opportunities to see them during the HOTE tour, but it couldn't happen.

I'm looking forward to this later in the year. I don't have any big trips plan this year. I usually go to Branson, MO in the fall. I'm skipping Branson this year and I'm going to start planning for it next year. Now that would open up a trip to see Don later in the year instead of choosing Branson over him like I did last year.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-27-2016 at 03:49 PM.