Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members+ Album

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Members+ Album

Like many others, I'm sure that without Glenn there will not be another Eagles album.

However having heard Expando recently, I'm wondering if some or all of the other members could record an album together at some time. E.g. an album attributed to Henley/Schmit/Walsh album, perhaps with some Eagles 6th members such as Jackson Browne and/or JD Souther to make an even larger supergroup.

The combined efforts of all these members could easily come up with something really good. I'd like to see it happen, though I personally would prefer it wasn't credited to 'The Eagles'.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 05-19-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Members+ Album

I don't think Henley sees any future making music with Joe and Tim. He has a bunch of songwriters he'd much rather write with and musicians aren't as valuable in the digital age so he doesn't need the analog brilliance of Joe and Tim. He may miss being in a band though.

The only thing I can see bringing Joe, Tim and Don (Bernie too) together is the value of the Eagles moniker. Anything they do in future will be far more profitable under the title of the Eagles than using their own names.

They'll unite for a tribute to Glenn, beyond that I don't know. Musically, Joe, Tim and Don seem to be heading in different directions, which, in my book, would make a future collaboration all the more interesting.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Welcome, Annoying Twit - I like your user name very much.

Thanks NightMistBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I don't think Henley sees any future making music with Joe and Tim. He has a bunch of songwriters he'd much rather write with and musicians aren't as valuable in the digital age so he doesn't need the analog brilliance of Joe and Tim. He may miss being in a band though.

The only thing I can see bringing Joe, Tim and Don (Bernie too) together is the value of the Eagles moniker. Anything they do in future will be far more profitable under the title of the Eagles than using their own names.

They'll unite for a tribute to Glenn, beyond that I don't know. Musically, Joe, Tim and Don seem to be heading in different directions, which, in my book, would make a future collaboration all the more interesting.
    There would be a lot more financial benefit to doing something under the Eagles name. But, I don't get the impression that it will happen. I could easily be wrong as I'm not up on what has been said in interviews etc. since earlier in the year. A collection of ex-Eagles musicians under a different name would still be financially more of a deal than any one of them on their own.

I bet they're pleased that they did LROOE and the History tour. High notes to finish on.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    They'll unite for a tribute to Glenn, beyond that I don't know.
    Did you read/hear about this tribute somewhere, Funk?

Yes, I would like to know, too, because I thought Don was pretty adamant about the Grammy tribute being it for Glenn. I haven't heard anything about him changing his mind, but that could be because he's focusing on the upcoming leg of his tour.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border

We are al assuming that they will reunite for a tribute even though nothing has been said on the subject. I would be extrremely disapointed if they didn't make this one final effort. I don't want them to do an album. If the thre of them have individual tribute songs they can go on solo allbums.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    We are al assuming that they will reunite for a tribute even though nothing has been said on the subject. I would be extrremely disapointed if they didn't make this one final effort. I don't want them to do an album. If the thre of them have individual tribute songs they can go on solo allbums.
    I don't quite understand. Weren't the Grammys something that could qualify as 'one final effort'? Not that I'd object if something more happens: Jackson Browne makes a good sub for Glenn. But, I think that Don H. has already said it: that could easily be their last time together.

One thing: I know Don needs to front the band, but I was happy to see him behind the drums at the Grammys.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I don't quite understand. Weren't the Grammys something that could qualify as 'one final effort'? Not that I'd object if something more happens: Jackson Browne makes a good sub for Glenn. But, I think that Don H. has already said it: that could easily be their last time together.

One thing: I know Don needs to front the band, but I was happy to see him behind the drums at the Grammys.
    Not to me. A hurriedly put together rendtion of Take It Easy when everyone was still raw with grief.

I want them to do something like Concert For George where they all sing Glenn's songs. I don't necessarily want them all to play together at the same time, but I would expect Henley to play drums at least some of the time. It may be the final time he ever plays drums.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I'm certainly of the opinion that, aside from a possible tribute for Glenn, there won't be any future performances from the guys under the 'Eagles' moniker.

As to future collaborative efforts with band members, I could easily envision Henley working with either Schmit or Walsh, but not both at the same time. Unofficial members Scott Crago and Steuart Smith have worked in Henley's solo band in the past and will probably continue to do so.

The one former Eagle who would unquestionably be a solid collaborator for Henley would seem to be Bernie Leadon, ironically because of some of the same artistic considerations that in-part fuelled his departure from the band 40+ years ago(Leadon wanting a more Country sound as opposed to the rocking direction the band was taking).

Must stress that it is still quite early and this is all speculative at this point.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney