Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Eagles song for a memorial serice

Default Re: Best Eagles song for a memorial serice

No suggestions here. Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I hope it brings some comfort to choose a song from this band that you both enjoyed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jane02 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am here to ask for assistance.
    My dear Mum lost her battle with cancer yesterday and I am planning her memorial service to be held next Friday.
    Whilst in palliative care both her and I were comforted by the Eagles music.
    I am over whelmed at the moment - there are so many beautiful songs but can you give me some suggestions on a special Eagle song that might be appropriate to play at a funeral.
    I can only think of No More Stormy Nights but open to other suggestions.
    This will be a non religious ceremony.
    Thanks for your help.
    I remember Bee Gee, Barry Gibb saying that there are two types of people in this world. The ones that have suffered the loss of a close relative and those that have not. When I became one of the former, the Eagles, Hole In The World gave me great comfort.

When songwriter/performer and 80s pop heartthrob, Richard Marx lost his dad, it inspired a great many songs about the loss. I always play songs such as Through My Veins, Straight From The Heart, Shine, One More Time, Days Of Avalon, One Thing Left, Again, and The Other Side when I feel the need to reflect and remember. I still cry my eyes out when I hear; "I'd stop the world if only I could hold you One More Time."

Stuck on the Border

Jane, so sorry about this. There is nothing quite like losing your mother. One thing that helped me, further along, was to write to my mother and tell her all the news.

I'm not good with song choices and it depends on the kind of person your mother was, but I wondered about "Take it to the Limit". If you're considering solo songs, maybe "Part of Me, Part of You" as it's about the moments you had together being with you always. Our loved ones live on through our memories and the way they changed our lives.

Out on the Border

Thank you so much everyone for your words of support and suggestions.
    You have all given me some helpful ideas and songs that I honestly did not even think of.
    I am sure I will make the right decision.
    Thanks so much again.

i wish you peace is my recommendation

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Mother Jane, I hope the service went well. While its too late for me to make a suggestion, my cousin got married to a BIG Eagles fan 22 years ago. They played Desperado at the wedding, and then again 4 years ago at his funeral.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Out on the Border

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I would let you know that I settled for "You are not alone" for My mum's funeral service.
    The line "say goodbye to all your pain and sorrow" was so apt. I played the song with a few others recommended to my husband and daughter and they both really liked this one. We played it as people entered the chapel.
    For the montage of photo memories we played "Fields of Gold" by Eva Cassidy and the song of farewell was "Time to say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocelli.
    It was a beautiful service and I am so grateful for everyone's advice.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for telling us of your choice. It sounds beautiful.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Jane, sounds like a beautiful service. I think You Are Not Alone was perfect. My sympathies to you.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

Thanks for sharing jane02. I'm glad the site was able to help at such a difficult time.