Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

Default Re: Rolling Stone Special Edition Tribute to the Eagles

Since BAM told me on Friday that their new shipment comes in on Sunday, I went to BAM after church and it was there. They had plenty of them.

Stuck on the Border

Has anyone found a source in the UK? ebay.co.uk has a couple at nearly £30 each which are shipped from the US. However, there are copies of the David Bowie special for under £10, shipped from the UK, so hopefully it's just a matter of time. On one site that offers the regular Rolling Stone magazine, they note that they are two issues behind the US (ie 4 weeks).

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I want to thank NOLA for sending me a free copy! I haven't had a chance to do more than just glancing at the photos yet. There are several that are new to me.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I got it yesterday and I haven't been able to put it down. I even brought it to school so I could read it in study hall. I got a lot of weird looks and snide comments but I didn't really care because I was happy to read the awesome interviews and look at pictures of the guys.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Border Desperado

I HAVE MY COPY! Barnes and Noble had several on the newsstand. I had to drive 40 miles to Noblesville, Indiana since that was the only B n N near me.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I want to thank NOLA for sending me a free copy! I haven't had a chance to do more than just glancing at the photos yet. There are several that are new to me.
    You're very welcome! Glad you received it in a timely manner, and I hope you enjoy all the articles and new photos!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Border Desperado

Has anyone on the West Coast been able to locate a copy of the RS Eagles special edition? I've checked multiple B&Ns, 2 independent book stores, as well as various drug and grocery stores with no success. I am beginning to think RS is shipping the magazine from their New York office via the Pony Express.

My daughter told me (multiple times) that she doesn't think it's out yet. And I keep telling her that I know people have already purchased it!

The first place that was said to have the magazine was a newsstand in Brentwood. I don't know how far you are from Brentwood, but that was the first place that someone found it. It took a couple more days before people started to find it.

It finally made it to Mississippi a week and a half later.

Border Desperado

Thanks, Shun. Brentwood is a bit of a haul for me (probably a good 2-2.5 hours away) so it's unlikely that I can make it out there soon.

But some reasonably good news. My daughter was at another independent bookstore today and they told her they would have the magazine sometime between May 5-10. The countdown starts now...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

GA was very sweet and picked me up a copy in the airport over the weekend. I probably won't get a chance to read it until this coming weekend though. I'll have to withhold judgment until then about whether or not I think this makes up for them not giving Glenn a cover story in January.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016