Page 170 of 213 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2130

Thread: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Default Re: Hearing the Eagles or solo songs unexpectedly!

College Radio station in my area played "Take it Easy" earlier, and, of course, I upped the volume a ways.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I caught the last minute or so of "Take It to the Limit" on KFOX at around 2:45 PM. I did something stupid in a parking lot. I was parked and thought my car's engine was on, so I put the stick in reverse. I was like, "why is it slow? and then it hit me that the car wasn't started. I was so focused on the song and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. Anyways, I learned to pay attention no matter what, even if an Eagles song is playing on the radio.

wow! I just went to the grocery store and they played "Smuggler's Blues"...that's one I've never heard in there before!!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

This isn't really hearing but one of my friends got tagged in a picture on FB last night as he's traveling with his parents & younger brother out west and they quoted "Take it Easy" with their pic. I didn't know this but it turns out his father is originally from Winslow, Arizona and they all finally went back to see where their dad was from (as well as head out to California and Vegas while they're out there LOL). The three of them as well as his mom took a picture on the street corner and said "We're standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and it's such a fine sight to see".

I loved that not only because the song and how that song fits, but I've had a slight crush on my friend and he hasn't been active on FB lately till yesterday so that really was nice to see. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I heard Life in the Fast Lane playing on the PA system a ant O'Reilly Auto Parts store yesterday afternoon. They played 2 other rock songs while I wa in the store as well.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I heard three Eagle songs back to back when I was heading to work this morning. I heard The Heat Is On(its very rare for my local radio station to play a Glenn solo song. This might had been my second time I heard Glenn's solo hits on the radio), Heartache Tonight and The Long Run.

I was watching my DVR recording of the movie, "Extraordinary Measures," and Harrison Ford's character is playing "Rocky Mountain Way" on his speakers. The lab scientists working on the enzyme tell him to turn it down, but he just turns it up. His character has disregard for most people, since he doesn't care about others.

It's not a good movie, so don't waste your time to watch this "Lifetime" movie that unfortunately got a theatrical release. I only watched it because Harrison Ford is one of my favorite actors. Yes, I torture myself with bad movies from the actors that I like the most. I watch their good ones, but I just watch the bad ones because I like watching them on screen.

Thanks to a post I saw by one of my favorite authors Rainbow Rowell it reminded me she used Don & Stevie Nicks' song "Leather and Lace" in her novel "Landline". The story is a Christmas set one about a woman reconnecting with the younger version of her husband, thanks to what seems like a magical landline phone, while she is currently separated from said husband. "Leather and Lace" started out as a joke between the couple when they were young as they kept hearing it on dates and teasing each other about it, and ended up using it as their wedding song as it became their song. The woman keeps hearing it as well as The Beatles' "Good Day Sunshine", which is her husband's personal ringtone for her calls, while they contemplate getting divorced or staying together. It's a very sweet story (one I hope eventually becomes a Christmas movie) and Rainbow uses music like this a lot in her novels for scenes.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Just heard Glenn's "The Heat is On" while my brother is watching the Tampa Bay Rays baseball game. They played it during the umpire's review over the play where they make their decision to keep or reverse the play. I immediately looked up from my laptop surprised that they played Glenn's song and my brother was laughing at my reaction. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~

As I was driving home from work, The Heat Is On came on the radio. This is actually the second time in maybe a week that my local radio station played a solo song by Glenn. This is very rare to hear any of Glenn's solo songs on my local radio station. I even heard Life's Been Good on the radio. My local radio station rarely plays Joe's solo songs too.