Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

That was really awesome finding that out. I've always been interested in acting, but more from a writer's perspective and how they interpret what the writer wrote for them to act.

I saw one of my fav alt-rock groups Haim performed new songs last night at their concert and it reminded me of how not only did they get influenced by the Eagles for their song "The Wire" (sounds a bit like "Heartache Tonight" at times) but I remembered the lyrics to their song "If I Could Change You Mind" references "Lyin' Eyes" and I still think it could almost be a somewhat response song from the female character's POV. This is the chorus, but the whole song could work.

"But if I was to say I regret it would it change a thing?
    Cause every time I think, think about it
    Memories take me back to all of our wildest times

If I could change you mind
    I would hit the ground running
    It took time to realize
    And I never saw it coming
    Forgive my Lyin' Eyes
    Gonna give you all or nothing
    If I could change your mind
    I could make you, make you mine
    "

Plus, hearing their new songs in the YT vids I saw it sounds like they're sticking with an 80s rock sound similar to Glenn & Don's solo songs, and some of the tracks on Haim's first album (which I loved). I know I've read they were hugely influenced by the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac as like myself their parents were fans, and they used to perform a lot of covers as their parents used to be part of their band when they were young (their dad the drummer, mom the keyboard player). So I just got even more excited about their 2nd album.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stopped for gas at an Exxon station, and the fuel tanker on spot was emblazoned with the word "Eagle" and accompanying graphic.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Stuck on the Border

The two actors I think could play Glenn & Joe, Colin O'Donoghue and Scott Michael Foster have been hanging out in California and posting great pics of their adventures on their social media pages. It's making me both happy as I love Colin & Scott's friendship (which is part of why I pictured them as Glenn & Joe besides their resemblances) and their hilarious posts, but also sad since how Joe's been recently talking about Glenn and how much he misses him.

Also on a weird related note Colin retweeted on Twitter something from Scott Porter earlier this week, the actor I fancasted as Randy, and I had no idea they knew each other. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Hope it's ok for me to make a new post as something really great got announced today in my city Columbus and they're proposing to rename our airport Port Columbus after the astronaut John Glenn. It's pretty much a lock to be renamed it as on the news everyone is supportive of it and John's a huge part of Columbus, Ohio State, and my city's history. Plus, I love astronomy and remember watching John go back into space in his 70s in school. Thing is if/when it is renamed a lot will probably refer to our airport as Glenn International Airport, which of course makes me think of both John and Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~

something I just thought of...my insurance agency is named The Glenn Agency...no wonder I like them! don't know why this never popped into my head before as an Eagles reminder...duh...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

We got our mortgages from a guy called 'The Loan Arranger'.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

For art class I had to make a 3D room dedicated to an artist. We were supposed to do one for like a painting artist but the teacher let me do one for Joe. When I was done with it, I had to present it to the class with information about the artist and the class had to take notes. As I gave my speech, the class seemed kinda annoyed because they refuse to listen to classic rock because it's "old" and "only current songs are good." But the ironic thing is, they had to learn about classic rock because the artist information was on the art exam. So Joe Walsh was on everyone's art exam. At least I know I got the questions about him right!
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That's pretty cool, SRMW.

I thought of Timothy yesterday while watching NBC nightly news. In one of the segments, the was a guy being interviewed whose last name was Schmit, though I'm not sure if his name had the "d" or not.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 05-27-2016 at 01:23 AM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I don't watch "Game of Thrones" (or read the books), but I have a lot of friends that do and it gets so much media coverage, and last night they brought back the House of Frey as another character some thought died 2 seasons ago didn't and has been held prisoner by the Freys this whole time. So that just threw me off this morning since I didn't know there were characters with that last name on it. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~