Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: How did you become a fan of the Eagles/a specific Eagle?

Default Re: How did you become a fan of the Eagles?

1994 HOF - I was 12. My friend and next door neighbor's parents bought the album, and we would play pool and listen to it, and I couldn't stop listening to "Hotel California" and one song led to another.

I discovered the guys in 1994 when I was 14. Actually the age of 14 was when I started to listen to other genres. I was becoming a country fan and liking some pop and rock music, but that's another story.

Actually. I've heard of Don and Glenn, but wasn't a fan. Heck. I didn't even like their music, but of course. I was a kid and didn't know good music when it hit me. LOL

Back to the guys. I remembered watching HFO on MTV, but I think it was like a few months after it premiered on tv. I stopped listening to their music at the turn of the century. I had 10 of their songs on my MP3 player, but I wasn't fan fan. It wasn't until this documentary called the History of The Eagles was coming on a lot on Showtime. I said to myself. I need to check out this documentary and the rest is history. I re-found the Eagles in 2013 and I've been a huge fan of their music ever since. I've never looked back. I listen to the Eagles music and watch HOTE while I'm at work. It gets me through the day.

My first CD I ever got was Hell Freezes Over. Somebody gave me that for Christmas. I still haven't bought HOTE DVD. I recorded off of tv and made a DVD of that and other Eagles related stuff.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-24-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

My parents listened to them a lot, but I also discovered Don and Glenn as solo artists myself. I still have the BTPB and Allnighter cassettes somewhere !! I remember being so excited when they reunited. I recorded the MTV special and watched it constantly. I was able to see the HFO tour in Philly in 1995 (it was originally scheduled for 1994, but that date was postponed due to Glenn's intestinal issues). I've been a huge fan most of my life !!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great stories!

We have an old thread where my story is. I will just link to it! Scroll down.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...p?t=311&page=3

Lots of other good ones there too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I am 17 and Rock N Roll is all I know. Concert For George introduced me to Rock music and it holds a very special place in mu heart becuse with out it I would actually not be typing this rightnow. Anyway first It was the Beatles then Lynyrd Skynyrd then Zeplplinn GNR, Arrosmith etc. My mom has Farewell 1 and always used to beg me to watch it as they were great guitar players but I constantly refused. She used to have greatest hits 1971-1975 playing in the car. So I finally relented 2 years ago and became a fan. I was a die hard Felder-Walsh fan I share the same birthday with Joe. I believed the Henley and Frey were :censord: :censord: but the more I read into the fiasco the more I cane to appreciate those two and how they were the driving force behind the band. Fun Fact one of my friends is the Step Nephew of Bernie through his Step Mom.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Everyone is so young!

Banned

1975, I instantly decided to become a Joe Walsh fan after seeing him perform Rocky Mountain Way on TV. It was tough, nobody, I knew, was aware of him. I enjoyed listening to my parents 45s that they'd kept from their courting days but I didn't have any records of my own, I'd never even been in a record shop. Joe never got played or even mentioned on the radio.

I discovered the weekly music mags and I'd scour them for info about Joe Walsh. I read the rumours about Joe joining the Eagles. The Eagles were played on the radio. I thought there must've been a second Joe Walsh. The Joe Walsh I saw on TV was nothing like the Eagles. The new single, New Kid In Town was a million miles away from Rocky Mountain Way.
    Hotel California was too long to get played on the local radio station I listened to.

In my Youth I used to swim several times a week. After a disagreement with the coach I opted to sit out a session. I sat in the Sports Centre Cafe where I noticed that they had installed a Juke Box. One of the singles listed was
    Hotel California (Felder Henley Frey) bw Pretty Maids All In A Row (Walsh, Vitale).
    Can you imagine my excitement?

I'd been given 25p to pay for the hour long, swimming lesson. 25p would get me 5 plays. I may have spent 5p on Hotel California but I sat in an almost empty cafe and listened to Pretty Maids All In A Row over and over again.

As vinyl tended to do, there were several points in the song, when the needle would get stuck and the same line would play continually until the girl serving behind the counter would rush over to the Juke Box and give it a hefty nudge to move it on. She quickly became very annoyed at this. Particularly when it immediately started again after the first play. When the track started for the third time, she was fuming. I sat in the corner looking innocent, pretending to be disinterested in the music.

When I left the cafe to meet up with my swimming pals after the lesson, Pretty Maids All In A Row was still playing with the assistant poised to give it another bash at the appropriate moment.

The single was gone by the following week, the Juke box too, not long after. I still wasn't totally convinced about Joe being in the Eagles but the Eagles were definitely on my radar.

It was the first time I'd spent any money on music.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

well, I always liked them. with me being born in the mid 70s and my mom listening to her soul and disco music I discovered them later in life. I knew of Don Henley and Glenn Frey from their solo careers. Grew up with them actually. I really discovered them in my 20s but I was not as huge with them as I am now. History Of The Eagles sealed it for me. Ill never forget watching it and I didn't know who the nice looking dude in the black t shirt was. Bernie snuck up on me I didn't know who he was. didn't know he was an original member. lol

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

One day I came home from school and my mom said she recorded something for me. It was History of the Eagles. I watched the whole thing with her and I was immediately hooked. I bought The Very Best of the Eagles and that's all I listened to for a while. So that's how my Eagles craziness began.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Out on the Border

basically until I was about fifteen or so, the beatles were the only group I ever got into.

I started listening to other music on the radio and I realized that the beatles are only the tip of the iceberg. I remember one day I heard someone mentioning how "take it easy" was there favorite song and I was like - you mean slow ride by foghat and he was like "no, the eagles song". I had never heard of them before and the only eagles i knew of was the NFL team. I looked them up online and realized that one of the most successful albums in terms of sale was Hotel California and sold something like 30 million copies (while the white album sold 20 million).

I started listening to them more, mainly the hits like "best of my love" "hotel california" "one of these nights" and liked the 70s sound to them. I never really knew there names though except for Henley. For a while I actually thought there was a guy in the band by the name Feldman so I assumed he was jewish