Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Members+ Album

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Members+ Album

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Not to me. A hurriedly put together rendtion of Take It Easy when everyone was still raw with grief.

I want them to do something like Concert For George where they all sing Glenn's songs. I don't necessarily want them all to play together at the same time, but I would expect Henley to play drums at least some of the time. It may be the final time he ever plays drums.
    That makes sense. But, given what Don H has said, will it happen? Of course, he said that it may be the last time soon after Glenn's passing, and he may come round to doing something more impressive later on.

I wonder if Henley & Frey ever talked about what they should do if the other should pass on.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 05-20-2016 at 01:55 AM.

Banned

Thanks for your many contributions, to the various topics of conversation, Annoying Twit. I'm enjoying reading and replying to them.

I thought Irying spoke about putting together a grand, everyone will be there, tribute to Glenn, once everybody has had some time to recover from the initial shock of his death. I took Joe's comments as, it's still too soon to start discussing it.

Glenn always seemed to be in control of the Eagles destiny, so it wouldn't be a surprise to learn that they spoke about mortality but I don't think Glenn's initial surgery was a life threatening procedure, until the complications set in. They were expecting a long period of convalescence. I'm way out of my depth here.

I don't know which is worse, the Eagles continuing in the absence of mainstay and leader,Glenn or letting the Eagles name, that they worked so hard to establish and maintain, fall into wrack and ruin, through neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Thanks for your many contributions, to the various topics of conversation, Annoying Twit. I'm enjoying reading and replying to them.

I thought Irying spoke about putting together a grand, everyone will be there, tribute to Glenn, once everybody has had some time to recover from the initial shock of his death. I took Joe's comments as, it's still too soon to start discussing it.

Glenn always seemed to be in control of the Eagles destiny, so it wouldn't be a surprise to learn that they spoke about mortality but I don't think Glenn's initial surgery was a life threatening procedure, until the complications set in. They were expecting a long period of convalescence. I'm way out of my depth here.

I don't know which is worse, the Eagles continuing in the absence of mainstay and leader,Glenn or letting the Eagles name, that they worked so hard to establish and maintain, fall into wrack and ruin, through neglect.
    As a songwriter, I'm sure that Glenn would prefer that his songs be sung live. That they wouldn't just fall into disuse.

I think that the Concert for George was extremely well done. They had a great band, a great selection of songs, and a great selection of who sang what. If there was a Concert for George style tribute for Glenn, who would be there and what would they sing?

Jackson Browne - Take it Easy (has to be)
    Linda Ronstadt - Peaceful Easy Feeling
    Don Henley - Common Ground
    JD Souther - New Kid in Town
    Tim Schmit - The One You Love
    Joe Walsh - The Heat is On (de-80-ised rocky version) or The Allnighter
    Sheryl Crow - Smuggler's Blues
    Jack Tempchin - True Love (suitable for his vocal range? - more acoustic but with gospel choir backing)
    Joe Walsh - Heartache Tonight (too many Joe vocals, how could these be balanced?)
    Bernie Leadon - Lyin' Eyes

Massed song at end: Ol '55

Who else singing what? Need more people. Don F appears? Randy? Probably not I'd guess.

Ignorant Poster alert: I hadn't heard Bernie's 1977 solo album. I had a quick listen before giving Bernie Lyin' Eyes. A few quickly sampled songs - this is GREAT!!!!

EDIT: Jack Tempchin does a great version of Smuggler's Blues, but Sheryl Crow has said that she has been influenced by the Eagles, and if she did the song in her 'The Globe Sessions' style it would be fantastic IMHO.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 05-20-2016 at 11:35 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Not Don Felder.

I would like to see other people besides the usual suspects. Randy Newman was at the private memorial service, as was Stevie Wonder.

I see no reason to keep the name going to stop it being 'forgotten'. It can't exist without Glenn. Hard though that is to accept, it's a basic fact.

Also F50, Glenn never had the surgery. He developed pneumoina & was too weak to have the surgery. The pneumonia then became more virulent.

By the way we do have a topic on this subject in Glenn's forum:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=6285

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Not Don Felder.

I would like to see other people besides the usual suspects. Randy Newman was at the private memorial service, as was Stevie Wonder.

I see no reason to keep the name going to stop it being 'forgotten'. It can't exist without Glenn. Hard though that is to accept, it's a basic fact.

Also F50, Glenn never had the surgery. He developed pneumoina & was too weak to have the surgery. The pneumonia then became more virulent.

By the way we do have a topic on this subject in Glenn's forum:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/foru...ead.php?t=6285
    Thanks for the link. I'll continue discussion of a tribute concert there. (After reading to catch up.)