Thread: O2 London Friday 20th June 2014

Border Desperado

Default O2 London Friday 20th June 2014

This will be short and sweet, what a gig, my gramme is not the greatest, think 5 voices sound better than 4 on the harmonies, everything was bang on, read the paper reviews what were they about, cannot speak highly enough, great to see Bernie and to hear songs live that I have not on past tours, sorry thi is a crap review but cannot say anything other than great, great, great, someone help me out with the nitty gritty here, if I can I will go tonight, if anyone was still unsure, get down there, sorry it's not a proper review.

Will the eagles ever come back ?

Hope so

Gary

Default Re: O2 London Friday 21st June 2014

Well, glad you liked it!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: O2 London Friday 21st June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, glad you liked it!
    Also there. Also loved it! More later. But I think it was the 20th not the 21st.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...ovie-more.html

Default Re: O2 London Friday 20th June 2014

I fixed it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Smile Re: O2 London Friday 20th June 2014

Glad someone could, now laying in the bath knowing that a 20 minute drive away is another gig of a lifetime, seeing them on 6 different tours just ain't enough, please prey they your again.

Hope that anyone there tonight enjoys

Out on the Border ThePerfectBeast's Avatar

Had a fantastic time and the guys sounded great, shame about the no standing but I got to go crazy eventually lol - Doolin and the reprise were the highlights for me.

The "phone police" were pretty pointless - they were more distracting than the phones themselves and came across as heavy handed to be honest. Plus with the amount of videos going up and recordings, the tactic is clearly not working!
    "The great unconscious urban masses , with narrow minds and spreading asses..."

That's a great avi, PB. I was there on Friday and noticed subtle changes in the spoken intros to songs. Generally, there was less talk but it somehow didn't translate into any more songs. At least it seemed more spontaneous though.

I'm with BB on the song front. I would lose Funk #49 and Rocky Mountain Way which both go on for well too long. If we're going to have a long song, let's at least make it a bonafide Eagles tune (after all they're not bad songwriters, are they?) and have Wasted Time, Last Resort or Waiting in the Weeds.

I don't mean to carp. I know the setlist is set in stone. I just wish it were more Eagles-focused. Joe's a great character but if we're going to have solo material, I'd love You Belong to the City and surely Boys of Summer is a great crowd pleaser.

But the band were in high spirits and great form and the harmonies would melt a stone. I was the only one standing in my section and felt a little frowned upon. People were too scared to get up. More later.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...ovie-more.html