Thread: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Default Re: The Eagles 02 Dublin 4 June 2014

Perfect suspense, GA

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Tthe suspense is killing us, GA!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

GA - that's mean! We are dying over here!

Just kidding!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Ok, so 13 year old girls also need to use the bathroom during concerts. I arrived back and my (long suffering) husband said to me 'come here, I want you to meet someone'. I'm thinking 'there's only one person here I want to meet and I don't think you have any power there'. I was right. BUT he brought me right up to the front of the standing section where a friend and colleague of his (Derek) was doing security for the 02! We chatted briefly and he said I could stay there. I was in row 1. Proper Row 1, a bit to the left on Timothy's side! Derek also said that while they had no contact with band members he'd see what he could 'get'. I stayed there for the rest of the show, and during ICTYW, Glenn was on the keyboard and I was only feet away from him. I was just so overwhelmed as to how I could go from anticipating a bad seat to being right at the stage. It was so perfect, just watching Glenn from there.
    The second half was pretty much as standard but they all did seem in great form. Timothy mentioned that his wife is Irish and got a cheer. To which Glenn responded that HIS wife was 'part' irish and he got a laugh.
    Joe had the audience rocking as always and had a head cam during LBG which he used to scan the front rows. Laura said she saw me on the screen. I dunno!
    Poor Glenn when Joe sang 'they send me emails, tell me Glenn's great' Glenn went over towards him. Joe changed the lyrics to 'tell me Dons great' and pointed up at Don! Glenn looked a tiny bit put out but then recovered immediately. I wasn't really near enough to Glenn to interact with him at all but I didn't mind.
    Oh, there was a kid in the front row (shouldn't have been. The age was 16 which was why I bought the seated tix in the first place!) but the lads made a great fuss of him. He gift picks from Timothy and Glenn and Don sent over his drumsticks.
    Anyway, just as they left the stage Derek called me over and handed me a copy of........ THE SET LIST!!! A guy beside me was hollering at the stage crew to give him one of Joes picks. The guy pulled down the last of Joe's picks and also one that Glenn had left. He gave the guy the Joe pick, and ME the Glenn one!!!

So a set list and a pick. Can it get better tonight....... I doubt it. I left on a high and can't believe that in an hour I'll be doing it all over again!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Wow, Lisa! That's terrific! So happy for you that you were able to get so close to the stage & got a pick & setlist as well! Woo, hoo! Where is your seat for the next show?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, wonderful for you! THanks for a great review!

So, there were people standing in front of row 5? Strange set up! But, so cool you were taken to the front!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Wow, Lisa! That's terrific! So happy for you that you were able to get so close to the stage & got a pick & setlist as well! Woo, hoo! Where is your seat for the next show?
    Row 5 again Glenn 's side but I hope to stand again instead. Security may be stricter tho tonight as it's the weekend.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Hi guys again and thanks for all your good will. I'm feeling a bit more composed this evening - very tired and emotional last night. I didn't want to pitch in again before GA told her story as we've been in contact and I knew the surprise!

Anyway, just a couple more things I've thought of since. I noticed the reference to Don from Joe and even though I'm biased (yes I am) I think it might be because the crowd really responded to Don and Joe sensed that. He got a huge cheer when Glenn introduced him, saying he was the best singer songwriter he knew and they've been friends for over forty years. Lovely.

Don really seemed to be in his element. He started off by saying how nice it was to be back 'in your lovely country' which went down well needless to say and then there was the funny moment with the Irish accent. I couldn't take my eyes off of him (of course) and noticed him smiling a lot to himself in sections and then spontaneously grinning when everyone joined in singing. He gave a lovely sweet smile during Peaceful Easy Feeling which was the first one everyone really got into because unless your a diehard fan like us some didn't know Saturday Night and Train Leaves Here This Morning (my favourite)

There was a family behind us, parents, teenagers who knew every word. I could hear them gasping at the intros, 'Doolin' Dalton' etc. We were chatting on the way out and the father let out a big sigh, saying he wished he could do it all over again. They spent over 400 euros but as he said you could buy something rubbish with that and not get as much enjoyment out of it. Unfortunately as an improverished student I can't afford any more shows as I have to add transportation and over-night accommodation to my bill. However, I heard that a couple I know from the road I live on outside a very small village in Limerick are going to tonight's show so that's cool.

There was a crappy review in today's Irish Independent which I won't even give a link to. The critic (or so-called expert!!!) must have been at a different show. He called it 'dull and soporific' I mean, come on and said 'there was good muscianship at times'. HELLO, WHAT PLANET IS HE LIVING ON?

Just to finish up with Don again - he held the last 'love' of Desperado forever and the crowd went wild. It was a lovely but sad finish.

By the way my mother was with me and had a ball - and it wasn't just out of loyalty but she said Don stood out for her too.

Unfortunately, now it's back to reality

One more thing, 'Oh, Don...
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Thank you, GA and DD, for all of the details. How fantastic for both of you to have the experience. Sweet dreams!
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Wow, what awesome reviews DD & GA! Thank you so much!
    I know that concert will hold many many wonderful memories for both of you.

GA - are you bringing that pick to NYC? It might make its' way to TX!