Page 76 of 148 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

I saw them Saturday night in Miami (13th row, Christine side) and they were amazing, again! It's definitely worth it to see them up close. I loved seeing all the interactions between Christine, Stevie and Lindsey. During "Rhiannon," Stevie somehow got her microphone caught in her shawl, which bound her hands, and the other two ran over after the song to help untangle her.

It might be fun to try to get Lindsey-side next time! He looks like he's often joking with the fans in front of him.

OT: The music that played in the arena before the show included several instrumental selections of Fleetwood Mac songs played in a classical guitar style. Anybody know who the artist is? He/she is wonderful.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 03-23-2015 at 11:08 AM.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

an interesting story... i was at a friends house the other week and he had music playing. so when he played fleetwood mac i was glued to the tv because it was Lindsey singing "Big Love." His brother in law walks in and sits, watching me watch Lindsey and he's like "Hey V who is that?"

long story short he's still alive and i gave him a brief lesson on who that gorgeous man is. lmao

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I've mentioned this a couple of times on the board recently, but never actually posted here that I saw Fleetwood Mac live for my first time two weeks ago in Charlottesville. The show was awesome, and I am very glad I went. Since I'd never seen a show before, it's very hard for me to imagine a Fleetwood Mac show without Christine McVie. I was very lucky because I had decided to just wait and buy tickets at the door; then, suddenly, about a week before the show, my niece decided she wanted to go with me so I was thinking I would probably get really sucky seats. The day of the show, I went online and saw that they were indeed starting to drop some really good tickets. To my delight, I ended up getting 8th row center aisle seats 1 & 2 on the floor.

I just responded to a post in another thread that I may have to give some thought to making a list of my top ten favorite FM songs. However, given my past history with these kinds of lists, it'll probably be quite a challenge for me to narrow my list down to ten songs.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Dreamer, lucky you! Glad you and your niece got to go!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Glad you had a great time, Dreamer! What did your niece think of the show?

For those in UK/Ireland, Sky Arts are showing the Isle of Wight festival at 9pm and Fleetwood Mac are headlining tonight - I just hope they show more than one or two songs as I'm going to see them in 3 weeks time and can't wait !!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Well, I finally got to see Fleetwood Mac last night - Absolutely briliant!!
    They were amazing. Stevie just rocked, we loved her twirls and she just went for it during Gold Dust Woman. My niece was speechless, which very rarely happens

Lindsey just blew me away with his guitar playing - he never left the stage all night and to me, was the star of the show with Stevie being a very close second...I need to listen to more of his music now.

My highlights were:
    - While we were having something to eat in the hotel bar opposite the arena, my niece said, quick look out the window - there was Stevie walking down the glass corridor to her dressing room with her hair and skirt flowing behind her!! She can walk fast
    - They love telling their stories - The Velvet Underground one was good.
    - Mick had his drum solo spot which was different, I was trying to imagine Don doing something like this during their shows, but it only made me laugh
    - In the middle of the acoustic set, Stevie and Lindsey sang Happy Birthday to Christine (her birthday is today), they really seem to love having her back, as Stevie came back on stage at the end of the show to tell the story of how Christine decided to come back to FM - apparently they made her watch two shows in Dublin in 2013 to help her make up her mind, and they thanked Dublin for making that happen
    - Loved all of it especially Landslide, Gypsy, I'm so afraid, Tusk (just for the complete trippy, weird out feeling everyone got!!), Don't stop, Silver springs
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

WOW! I saw on FB that you were at the 3 last night. Sounds like it was wonderful. I suppose I should have tried to get to one of their shows but between booking 2 Taylor Swift gigs in late June, and the situation at home I'd have been lucky to have gotten out of the starting blocks lol.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lacken, sounds awesome! I'd love to see them again!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten