Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Middle-class covers quite a range. My mother used to describe us as "lower middle class" - she was a teacher and my father was a management level telcoms engineer. The Middletons are probably "upper middle class" - money, private education but without the background that would make them upper class (eg land and titles). Carl sounds like his background is somewhere in between.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you. His accent doesn't sound high falutin' or plummy like Hugh Grant or Stephen Fry.

Stuck on the Border

I watch these "<type of music> at the BBC" programmes where they have clips from their archives with bands/singers performing on Top of the Pops, The Old Grey Whistle Test and earlier. They had one for "60s psychodelic" and it was a surprise to see Keith Emerson, complete with climbing over the organ and stabbing it with knives. All the other keyboard players who appeared in the other clips, just stood there and played so it was a good reminder of how different Keith Emerson was.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

You remind me that I've never heard The Nice. Is there any track in particular you'd recommend? Now playing "Hang on to a Dream."

Stuck on the Border

This is the clip I saw yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9jHTYZ-6U