Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3E Parties

Default Re: Why Glenn Frey is my Idol

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    @ETG: If they ever invent a time machine, you know where we'll be! LOLOL. (Only in my 20s, instead of 8. Hehe.)

Definitely with you, Pippin! And of course in my 20's, not 9 or 51....

Stuck on the Border

Will do!

(Although with me, you, NKIT, ETG, Brooke, and Dawn all working together, that might be enough for a concerted -- temporary -- abduction attempt. )
    But what fun we could all have !

@NKIT -- Absolutely!

(I mean, we'd bring him back --eventually. We'd just hang on to him for a little while.)

@NKIT -- Absolutely!

(I mean, we'd bring him back --eventually. We'd just hang on to him for a little while.)
    Count me in! I don't think he'd mind spending time with us for a while

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Holy Crap HB - You have a 3E pin ! Pippin, myself and a couple of others (Dawn & Brooke I think) were all talking about the 3E parties and whether we would go if we had been given a pin. We all said yes. We all agreed we pretty much would have sat around and just taken things in. Sounds like you have the same kind of pin Tim was wearing in pictures posted here. Who gave you the pin, was it an Eagles roadie ?
    I was definitely tempted however at the time I was engaged. Engaged to a HPD ( Houston Police Department) officer. Looking back, I should have gone as we never got married.
    And it was a couple of roadies/techs off the stage. One of the HPD officers who worked at the bank part time also worked security at the Summit & he would let us in early.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Holy Crap HB - You have a 3E pin ! Pippin, myself and a couple of others (Dawn & Brooke I think) were all talking about the 3E parties and whether we would go if we had been given a pin. We all said yes. We all agreed we pretty much would have sat around and just taken things in.
    Were you allowed to go and just "take it all in"? If so, then I would have said yes, too! But I always thought if you said "no" when they wanted groupie sex, then they'd kick you out! It's like when men tell you that they want you to come to their place just to talk, but once you're there... they believe you wouldn't have come back to their place with them if you hadn't wanted more, and they get all aggressive with you, and it's so awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby
    I was definitely tempted however at the time I was engaged. Engaged to a HPD ( Houston Police Department) officer.
    I think the Eagles were lucky you didn't say yes!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I figure there were probably enough people milling around at those events that if you just sort of stayed out of the way, no one would notice you much.

I do know a couple of people who have attended after show parties (for other bands, obviously LOL), and they said things were so chaotic, you couldn't really keep up with who was where. One friend was actually propositioned by one of the band members, and she politely declined. He was kind of a jerk about it, but she said no one asked her to leave. She said people were just all drifting around and she stayed out of the guy's way the rest of the time she was there, and no one else bothered her.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

There were many factors playing around in my head. One being what Soda said - how much would I have to participate? I didn't do drugs & didn't even drink much. And being engaged, meant no sex though if Glenn would have paid me any attention.... Just kidding, that would have been a no too.
    Another variable was back in the 70s, HPD was known to hassle visiting bands/groups/athletes. My luck, I would have been caught!
    As I said 20/20 hindsight!

Moderators - I kinda hi-jacked this thread with the 3E talk, my apology.

@HB -- It's been fun!

I think if I had been expected to participate in any orgy like behavior I'd have made a beeline for the exit door but fear some of my GF's would not have followed suit lol ..another reason why I always tried to be the designated driver. Safer and a whole lot more saner.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016