Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crosby Stills & Nash

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Crosby Stills & Nash

I'm not as invested in CS&N as others here, so this is easy to say...

It's sad that CS&N are over, but time passes. They are all in their 70s now aren't they? It's the time of life when many people in normal occupations will retire and spend their time in their gardens or whatever. Musical artists, actors, and writers often keep on going. And for fans that's good as we get to see new product. But, if they aren't getting on, then perhaps it's time for them to all do their own things and not have to put up with things that they don't want to do any more.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's an interesting article, thank you Delilah.

I'm surprised to read Crosby's description of Nash's memoir as "a very shallow, very self-serving book, and full of BS." Nash expressed a lot of love and praise for Crosby, and seems to have truly valued the close friendship they shared all these decades. I remember thinking at the time that Nash was much more effusive about his friendships with men than the relationship with his wife.

It's kind of interesting that both Nash and Young left their wives after 38 years. Maybe there's a similar thing to a mid-life crisis that happens to some senior folk. You're reminded of your mortality and shazam, you need to change your life.
    You're welcome, NightMistBlue. I'm guessing the book was before their physical altercation or whatever it was that happened between them, supposedly on stage.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I'm not as invested in CS&N as others here, so this is easy to say...

It's sad that CS&N are over, but time passes. They are all in their 70s now aren't they? It's the time of life when many people in normal occupations will retire and spend their time in their gardens or whatever. Musical artists, actors, and writers often keep on going. And for fans that's good as we get to see new product. But, if they aren't getting on, then perhaps it's time for them to all do their own things and not have to put up with things that they don't want to do any more.
    I love their old music, but I agree with you here. Why not just give it up and enjoy your time left. The music will live on.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    You're welcome, NightMistBlue. I'm guessing the book was before their physical altercation or whatever it was that happened between them, supposedly on stage.
    Oh it was, but I mean I'm surprised that Crosby didn't like the book when it was so full of praise for him. I wonder which content he found objectionable.

Nash does go into detail about Crosby's decline, including one shocking bit where Cros actually betrayed his girlfriend to some violent drug dealers. But Crosby has been very forthcoming about his past and - from what I remember of his first autobiography, it was a long time ago - admits he was a selfish pig quite a lot of the time, only out for himself.

Sounds like an interesting read. I was thinking Crosby's opinion of it may have changed after the fall-out, whether valid or not.

It was a good read, but it may ring a bit false now. He portrayed himself as being totally fulfilled, in his marriage & family life as well as his career. But now everything has changed. Bless 'im, I hope he finds what he's looking for.

For the love of Mike, I need to get out more. I had no idea, until someone told me today, that Stephen Stills and Judy Collins recorded an album together and are on tour. The tour is almost over. [sigh] http://www.stephenstills.com/news/06.20.17.html

Stuck on the Border

I had no idea Nash left his wife too. Something must have gone wrong in that relationship. The same with Young. I was sure that Neil and Pegi were gonna last forever.

Stuck on the Border

I saw Graham Nash interviewed by Charlie Rose(a 60 minutes like newsman) last year and Graham said he had been unhappy in his marriage for a very long time. He did not say how long or if they were separated. However, he did say once he met the new gf, who is at least 35 years younger than him, they he decided to get a divorce. He stated he had been unhappy for too long and needed to make changes. He picked up and moved to NYC, where the gf lives. He looked great in the interview and seemed like a nice guy.

PS - I had forgotten about Neil Young. Wonder what caused that break up?
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 10-28-2017 at 09:22 AM.

Maybe he wanted to be with Daryl Hannah. I don't blame him, but every time I see a pic of them together I think, "Daryl, why??" She was with very handsome guys before, like Jackson Browne and JFK Jr.

Yes, I am shallow.