Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your Favorite Glenn Frey Vocal?

Default Re: What is your Favorite Glenn Frey Vocal?

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Sorry Dreamer, I can't remember what I had for dinner night before last. But if it was me who said it, then I sure am smart.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Tequila Sunrise is my favorite.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

For me, the first Glenn solo song I heard was 'You belong to the city' - I just fell in love with it and with Glenn's voice, he sounded so passionate and full of emotion in it. It's still my favourite solo song today. A close runner up is 'Lovers moon', especially the HFO second night version...

As for Glenn's eagles songs, my top three of his would be 'Tequila Sunrise', 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' and 'What Do I Do With My Heart'
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Out on the Border

I loved Glenn's smooth & calming voice: my favorites were Part of Me Part of You, Peaceful Easy Feeling & After the Thrill is Gone.

Lyin Eyes and Take It To The Limit seriously it was a nice rendition from Farwell 1. But I wish he said Randy wrote with Don and Himself instead of saying just him and Don..
    In all seriousness Lyin Eyes and Take It Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Lyin Eyes and Take It To The Limit seriously it was a nice rendition from Farwell 1. But I wish he said Randy wrote with Don and Himself instead of saying just him and Don..
    In all seriousness Lyin Eyes and Take It Easy.
    I thought he should have mentioned Randy too. I'm surprised he didn't as he usually says "We wrote this with & for Randy Meisner".

Stuck on the Border

Something like Outlaw Man gets me every time. IMO his voice worked on that kind of stuff better than anybody's. I wasn't a big fan of his more sensitive and quiet singing style that he sometimes used on the more quiet songs, especially later on (like The Girl From Yesterday). It was still his voice and I loved it, but it wasn't my favorite style of singing from him. There are tons of magical moments for me. Stuff like "ain't it funny how your new life didn't change things" (Glenn's voice is what does the trick for me, although there are other people singing) sends shivers down the spine. I wish more people "among the masses" would realize what a phenomenal voice he had.

Strangely enough there are also many moments where Glenn is singing harmony to support someone else, but his voice sends shivers down my spine. There are many such moments in the classic Eagles material. LROOE would be a more recent example. Randy Newman's "Short people". There are, I think, three people singing the harmony part, but Glenn is all I hear.

Of course Glenn shines on New Kid In Town. But it's also one of my favorite songs ever, as a song. But Outlaw Man, if I heard it sung by someone else...I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it. (Even David Blue!) But Glenn's voice makes it a (can't think of a fitting adjective in English) experience.

EDIT:

I mentioned The Girl From Yesterday as an example of the singing style I'm not a huge fan of. But then I remembered that even that song has a moment where I hear the Glenn voice I really love. The line "And she doesn't count the teardrops".
    Last edited by chaim; 02-20-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Border Troubadour

True Love as a solo artist and I've always loved It's your world now which seems ever more poignant now. I really like his voice on the rockier songs too such as Somebody and James Dean.
    Last edited by DivineDon; 02-20-2016 at 09:39 AM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    True Love as a solo artist...
    While playing Glenn Frey Solo Song Survivor (or was it his Solo Video Survivor?...) I fell in love with True Love and was happy to recently read a Bob Seger article where he mentions that particular song, I think, among others while pointing out how much Glenn liked Soul music.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Sorry Dreamer, I can't remember what I had for dinner night before last. But if it was me who said it, then I sure am smart.
    Yes - You sure are, Wise Lady!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016