The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Announcements > Border News

Border News For board announcements. Topics are started by admin/mods in this forum but anyone can reply.

Old 07-29-2018, 11:54 AM   #761
Ive always been a dreamer

Location: Cruising down the center of a two-way street in Virginia
Default Re: Today in Eagles History

As you may have noticed, we have a new Border style today. Well, actually, it's not new ... as a matter of fact, it is the original style from way back in the old 'Flip City' days, which was the predecessor board of 'The Border'. So, since it was a 'first', we decided it would be a good idea to bring it back this week to commemorate a couple of 'lasts'.

Today (7/29) marks the day of what many fans consider to be the last Eagles concert. On this day in 2015, the band played their final public History of the Eagles concert with Glenn Frey at the the CenturyLink Center in Bossier City, LA. But, no matter where you stand on this issue, it is, without question, a momentous event.

Then Tuesday, 7/31 will be the anniversary of the first last concert for the band. It is the anniversary of the 1980 Long Beach, CA show (a.k.a. the Long Night at Wrong Beach) that would mark the end of the band for 14 years until their Hell Freezes Over resumption in 1994.

So maybe we can just consider this to be 'finals' week. But, in any event, hope you enjoy the change of style.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016
Ive always been a dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #762
CAinOH
Border Desperado

No, no, no, no, no... I cannot let "Today in Eagles History" go by without pointing out that today in 1972, "Witchy Woman" single is released.

Why? Because hearing this song as a 13-year-old (did I just admit how ancient I am?) assured my life-long obsession with the Eagles. I was into spooky, ethereal stuff (way too early for goth), and this song fit right in. Yes, I was weird, and I never aged out of it.

So, let's all listen and celebrate each of us just "being weird," even if it's just a little bit. Hopefully we're not as weird as Glenn thinks Zelda is in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyPAxpUW6cE

(I give up, not sure why it isn't showing up as a video...)
CAinOH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:12 AM   #763
cosec3791
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
No, no, no, no, no... I cannot let "Today in Eagles History" go by without pointing out that today in 1972, "Witchy Woman" single is released.

Why? Because hearing this song as a 13-year-old (did I just admit how ancient I am?) assured my life-long obsession with the Eagles. I was into spooky, ethereal stuff (way too early for goth), and this song fit right in. Yes, I was weird, and I never aged out of it.

So, let's all listen and celebrate each of us just "being weird," even if it's just a little bit. Hopefully we're not as weird as Glenn thinks Zelda is in this clip.

Okay version. Too slow for my liking and too simple. And also, the banter from Glenn...... okay.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:54 PM   #764
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post

Well I'm more ancient than you! I was 16 in 1972, a junior in high school with a steady boyfriend when I first heard WW! Loved it and that boy ever since! Celebrated 44 years together last week and continued listening to the Eagles ever since!
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:53 PM   #765
cosec3791
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
Well I'm more ancient than you! I was 16 in 1972, a junior in high school with a steady boyfriend when I first heard WW! Loved it and that boy ever since! Celebrated 44 years together last week and continued listening to the Eagles ever since!
Don't know if you could answer, but was BBC 1973 available in the USA? Like televised, VHS?

If not, when was your first recollection of it existing?
Old 08-02-2018, 03:02 PM   #766
CAinOH
Border Desperado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
Not that much more ancient-er. LOL! Congrats on your anniversary! We hit 33 years this year (met mine after high school, he was still in New York then).

Time flies, eh?
CAinOH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #767
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
Don't know if you could answer, but was BBC 1973 available in the USA? Like televised, VHS?

If not, when was your first recollection of it existing?
I had never heard of it existing until I joined this board! Sorry! Living in the boondocks of Missouri I didn't'know much other than what I read in Rolling Stone or accidently heard on the radio. The internet opened up a whole new world! And satellite TV!
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:22 AM   #768
shunlvswx
Stuck on the Border

Happy Belated 36th Birthday to Don's first solo album, I Can't Stand Still.

Happy 44th Birthday to James Dean.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley
shunlvswx is offline   Reply With Quote