Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
Also, what would you have Irving do in this situation? The band is an actual workplace, regardless of the status of the members as employees or owners, and Irving's company is HR/management. He was presented with a LIST (not just the 2 issues described) - a LIST in Lindsay's words - of grievances from one band member about another band member. Irving did the exact right thing by taking the list privately to Lindsay and giving him an opportunity to refute or clarify the allegations. It seems from reading between the lines of the article that Lindsay wasn't able to provide an explanation, apologize, say it wouldn't happen again, etc...As HR, in this situation, you HAVE to let him go or face being sued by Stevie. I'm just guessing that she has enough hard evidence of and witnesses to his behavior to make it an easy decision for the band and Irving. Funny that he thought she was leaving, he didn't seem too concerned. He didn't reach out to her to apologize or try to make it right, he reached out to another band member and said they could go without her!!

Just like with Felder and the Eagles, I think Fleetwood Mac is better with Lindsay in the group. I'm not saying the group is better off without him. I wish for the fans that he was still in the band. But just from this snippet of information from the article that was posted here, I don't know how anyone reading this representation of events could think that STEVIE is to blame!!! I do think that Lindsay should act better and there is no reason or excuse for his attempts to undermine her on stage.
I suggest you read the whole article, and do it when you have time to read it carefully. Your arguments are based on some false premises.

When Azoff called Lindsey the first time, it was already a done deal. He had already been fired.

Lindsey was not fired because of a potential threat of a lawsuit. Lindsey was fired because Mick wanted to keep Stevie. The threat of her leaving was enough - hence the ultimatum.

Finally, no one said Irving was even part of the decision, much less the one who made it; he was just the guy who had to deliver the bad news.