Page 109 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thanks, but let's keep it that way by not trash talking about those FB groups here either (no offense HD).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Apologies if this has been posted before but I only came across it today while doing a Google search on Don - procrastination is a great thing

At home with Don Henley The lucky interviewer gets to meet with Don in his home in Mulholland drive in 1992!!

Its great to see Don so relaxed and I love the sound of his home, it sounds so unrock star like, even down to the books and papers all over the place and who knew he loved Gophers
    My favorite line from the interview: "The overall effect is cozy and welcoming, not unlike Mr. Henley himself"

Is this the house that was destroyed in the 1994 earthquake ? Its such a shame if it was....

I'm not sure, but I love that article!

Border Troubadour

Oh, thanks Lacken, that article was great! Loved the line '...he was smart, funny and intense..' hmmmm This echoes the blurb at the back of Marc Elliott's To the limit when he refers to the '...cerebral, smoldering Don Henley....'

Definitely my kind of man

On another note, I got some recommendations from Amazon (because I'm such a good customer lol) and one was Don Henley, Taking you Home, a CD from 2000. Have any of you got it? I formed the impression that it was a kind of greatest hits CD but maybe I'm wrong. Would appreciate any info on it
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Could you link to it? It might be a cd single or a bootleg. I've never heard of it.

Border Troubadour

Hi Soda, here's the link.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Taking-You-Home-Don-Henley/dp/B00004TT9N/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408614710&sr=8-2&keywords=don+henley+taking+you+home[/ame]

Looked inside as they suggested and could only see three songs!

Taking you home; Dirty Laundry and Miss Ghost but there must be more as it's quite expensive.

I'd be interested in what you think.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Looks like a CD "single." Record companies experimented with those for a while before abandoning them. I have a few "maxi" singles as they were called. Some had like 6 versions of the same song, some had a few different songs. Looks like this is one of the latter, which means it does indeed have only three songs. It's expensive because it's rare, not because of content. Collectors are weird that way.

Border Troubadour

Thanks, Soda, you're very knowledgeable. Very interesting

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

As UTW mentioned on the "Eagles Mentioned in the Press - Retro Edition" thread, Rolling Stone is paying tribute to Charles M Young who passed on August 18th. In this week's edition there is a quote at the end of the tribute....

' "Chuck was a complicated man," says Don Henley, who stayed in touch with him until the end of his life. "He was by turns jovial, arch, enthusiastic and demon-haunted, dark. His work mattered. I hope he knew that." '

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah I read where Charles Young passed away. I meant to post it on the board, but I forgot to do it. Anyway, interesting that Don stayed in touch with him.

R.I.P. Mr. Young

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016