Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don Henley comments on the Eagles and Frank Ocean - lawsuit threatened

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

EK - I kinda agree with you and I even thought this conversation should probably be in the Eagles thread. Unfortunately though, since Don has been involved in several high-profile lawsuits, his name is usually the first to be associated with any discussions about legal action. However, as Larry Solters said, any legal action would be taken on behalf of the Eagles. Hopefully, Mr. Ocean will wise up though, and none of this will be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    At any rate, Ocean's comment that it is "awesome" to be threatened with a lawsuit is just bravado, in my opinion, and perhaps an attempt to propagate the "tough rebel who doesn't care about the establishment but is being persecuted by the man" image.
    I agree with this statement, Soda. However, with about 95% of the public apparently siding with the band, it doesn't appear that Mr. Ocean is winning the battle of public opinion here. He may be impressing his relatively small fanbase, but that's no big deal, IMO. If the overwhelming majority of the public has a negative opinion of him, that doesn't get him very far if his goal is to make the band seem like the bad guys here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Default Don sues artist.

http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainm...-1226941446957

Well done don. Why should other artist get to steal people work. Least gave them warning 1st
    That ocean guy needs to do own work.

Default Re: Don sues artist.

So I understand that these songs are fabulous works of music but what I don't understand is if these people want to become musicians, why don't they write and create their own music and lyrics. Why do they think it's ok to steal someone else's hard work and sweat equity.
    To me that just proves that they are not a musical talent at all.

Default Re: Don sues artist.

Actually, legal action was only threatened, and the Eagles are not actually suing this guy - unless something has changed, and I didn't see anything about that in the article.

This happened over two years ago. I wonder why this Australian reporter not only asked him about it now, but made it the centerpiece of the article?

ETA: I merged this with the other posts talking about it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Don Henley comments on the Eagles and Frank Ocean - lawsuit threatened

Another article on the subject that. I just received in a. Google alert: http://flavorwire.com/460782/don-hen...ss+(Flavorwire)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don Henley comments on the Eagles and Frank Ocean - lawsuit threatened

Yeah - It is rather strange that this was brought to the forefront again. And it does boggle my mind that these so-called 'artists' think it's okay to use another artist's intellectual property without authorization.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Angry Re: Don Henley comments on the Eagles and Frank Ocean - lawsuit threatened

I just read that article & that writer was so insulting to Henley & the Eagles. I thought it was so disrespectful. Then I listened to that song, which the music is note for note Hotel California with different lyrics.
    I think they should sue him, & it's not even about the money. He is outright stealing that music.
    Wonder where Felder fits into all this since he is the one who wrote the music & I guess is still part owner of the song even if he is no longer an Eagle?
    I haven't heard the other song they had mentioned; but I really don't want to hear it!
    You Don't mess with PERFECTION!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I just read that article & that writer was so insulting to Henley & the Eagles. I thought it was so disrespectful. Then I listened to that song, which the music is note for note Hotel California with different lyrics.
    I think they should sue him, & it's not even about the money. He is outright stealing that music.
    Wonder where Felder fits into all this since he is the one who wrote the music & I guess is still part owner of the song even if he is no longer an Eagle?
    I haven't heard the other song they had mentioned; but I really don't want to hear it!
    You Don't mess with PERFECTION!
    Felder co-wrote the song & gets songwriters' royalties. His status as a former Eagle has nothing to do with the publishing rights of a song.

Still, I wonder if Felder's OK with it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten