Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don and Caddo Lake

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Don and Caddo Lake

Thanks for the link, VOL! I looked it over, the GoFundMe page has a 5% fee for one thing, a 2.9% and $0.30 fee for another. Seems like a lot! The merch page doesn't say how much goes to Caddo Lake but since I have a co-worker and friend with the last name Henley, I'm not sure I want something that says HenleyHeads (unless I give it to them). It seems like it would be better to donate directly to them via the Caddo Lake Institute webpage?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

VA, I saw the fees and extras and wasn't suggesting that anyone should buy and/or donate. I just wanted the 'HenleyHeads' here on The Border to have a chance to peek. If I was going to donate my inclination would certainly be to do it direct.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I wasn't questioning you, VOL! Just the idea of going through a third party. For those that don't know, I think most do, the telemarketers and things you get in the mail for most charities are the same, only they usually take even more off the top.
    VK

Out on the Border

hello, i am one of the administrators for "talking to the moon" and "third encore" on f/b. we have been given permission by Mr Henley on our design and to have our online fundraiser for the caddo lake institute. all approved by Mr Henley. the link to cafepress and the go fund me of course take a small percentage of what is collected, but we are just fans wanting to give something back to Mr Henley and so no out of pocket funds were involved, opted for the small percentage on both sites. all proceeds that we are making goes to the caddo lake institute. we wanted to give back to Mr Henley, so we chose a fundraiser for caddo lake which all fans know is near and dear to his heart. the fundraiser, thus far, is very successful and we hope within a few months to see our goal met.we have our design trademarked and again full approval of Mr Henley. if you would like to contact myself or the other administrator, please feel free and please we extend an invitaion to all Mr Henley fans to join our new f/b page "talking to the moon". not a large group yet, as we have just formed, but would love to have anyone join that would like to.our links for the caddo lake fundraiser are on other eagles/henley sites and given permission from administrators to so post and very supportive of our efforts. thank you so much and much eagles and Henley love to all

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Best of luck on your fundraiser.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catsforsale View Post
    hello, i am one of the administrators for "talking to the moon" and "third encore" on f/b. we have been given permission by Mr Henley on our design and to have our online fundraiser for the caddo lake institute. all approved by Mr Henley. the link to cafepress and the go fund me of course take a small percentage of what is collected, but we are just fans wanting to give something back to Mr Henley and so no out of pocket funds were involved, opted for the small percentage on both sites. all proceeds that we are making goes to the caddo lake institute. we wanted to give back to Mr Henley, so we chose a fundraiser for caddo lake which all fans know is near and dear to his heart. the fundraiser, thus far, is very successful and we hope within a few months to see our goal met.we have our design trademarked and again full approval of Mr Henley. if you would like to contact myself or the other administrator, please feel free and please we extend an invitaion to all Mr Henley fans to join our new f/b page "talking to the moon". not a large group yet, as we have just formed, but would love to have anyone join that would like to.our links for the caddo lake fundraiser are on other eagles/henley sites and given permission from administrators to so post and very supportive of our efforts. thank you so much and much eagles and Henley love to all
    I might be missing something very basic here......But, I can't find either of those pages on fb?
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Out on the Border

Cool Re: Don and Caddo Lake

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tammie. Robbie and I started Talking to the Moon to give an official FB site for the Henleyheads. You can find the group here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/henleyheads/

The Third Encore is a private group of about 20 people that is made up of some very close friends. Talking to the Moon is our sister site open to all.

The Caddo Lake Fundraiser has been fully approved by Mr. H. and as Robbie explained all proceeds made off the merchandise go directly to Caddo Lake. We take no percentage for any expenses from ourselves. The FundMe link money goes directly to the Caddo Lake Institute and does not go through us at all. We just thought it might be an alternative to buying the merchandise from Cafepress. We are currently setting up a way for people to donate directly to our fundraiser. That money will be given to Mr. H. to decide which area needs it the most and in the name of Henleyheads (which he is very familiar with now).

We hope you will join us on Talking to the Moon. Lots of content and lots of very cool people who love the Eagles and Don Henley. You can also see info about Caddo Lake at http://www.facebook.com/henleyheads which is the official Henleyheads for Caddo Lake Institute "like" page. Stop by and give us a like!!

If you have any questions, please ask us. We will gladly answer questions here or you can email us at henleyheads@gmail.com

Thanks for the interest!!

Tammie

Tammie, I never meant to imply that you all were taking a percentage off the amounts! The fees go to GoFundMe, and I totally get that they need money for themselves in order to offer the service they provide. Unfortunately, I already made my donation through the Caddo Lake Institute website. I'm glad Don knows about what you're doing and approves of it, and I hope it's a complete success!
    VK

Out on the Border

Thanks! We appreciate it and we appreciate you letting us talk about it on here too. We hope to be able to give Mr. H. a big check for the Caddo Lake Institute in the name of Henley fans everywhere!!

Tammie